Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 12:32 AM
Come Get Some!!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ETA on the tailpipe kits?
Old 10-25-2016, 08:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Headers are noisy, simple as that. They are not built from thick cast iron like a factory manifold, headers use 16 or 14 gauge steel so they are going to be noisy.

Personally I love the sound of a machine working up front and the noise it makes coming out back!

Chad
Old 10-25-2016, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Headers are noisy wrapping them will help some though... i havent had a chance to install my headers yet, but my cast manifolds have a leak somewhere on initial startup but once it warms up it goes away... sadly two different sets of manifolds and cat pipes and the noise is still there.... i can get it to go away for a couple of days but will come back, hopefully my headers finally getting installed will finally get rid of it....
Old 10-25-2016, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ford_Assassin: We are still waiting on the factory to send us pics of the corrected items to be made. No current eta at the moment.

Thanks guys..
Sean
Old 10-25-2016, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the best way to make the headers clear? They were fine with my 6.0, but I'm in the middle of a 6.2 swap and the were touching the frame now with new motor mounts. I clearanced them a little with a rubber mallet, not sure with will be enough though with motor rock.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by parks450
What's the best way to make the headers clear? They were fine with my 6.0, but I'm in the middle of a 6.2 swap and the were touching the frame now with new motor mounts. I clearanced them a little with a rubber mallet, not sure with will be enough though with motor rock.
If you just need to ding/flatten a primary, use a socket sideways (round side) against the primary and hammer in a ding until you've got adequate clearance.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

So, they hit with the new engine but not with the old? Is there more clearance on one side vs the other? How much are they hitting? All things being equal, there should be no difference between the old engine and the new engine! Unless with the new mounts The engine slightly shifted to one side or the other?!
Old 10-26-2016, 06:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
So, they hit with the new engine but not with the old? Is there more clearance on one side vs the other? How much are they hitting? All things being equal, there should be no difference between the old engine and the new engine! Unless with the new mounts The engine slightly shifted to one side or the other?!
They hit bad enough to barely seat if they even do. I'm more worried about motor movement and how much they will. I noticed the new mounts are a little softer than my previous ones. I wrapped them with header wrap so I will have to test fithe them again. I clearanced them a little so hopefully its enough
Old 10-28-2016, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My under hood noise is minimal compared to at drivers door

Originally Posted by ss4chad
Headers are noisy, simple as that. They are not built from thick cast iron like a factory manifold, headers use 16 or 14 gauge steel so they are going to be noisy.

Personally I love the sound of a machine working up front and the noise it makes coming out back!

Chad
I have Speed Engineering 1-7/8 Long tubes and under hood is not loud at all, standing outside the driver door is much louder. I have a minor leak at the y pipe center junction (elbow tube). I have been dealing with it for now, I plan on swapping converters and doing a vette servo so tranny is coming out again. I also just purchased Speed Engineering "true dual" Kit. I will post pics upon completion and also report any noise issue. Side note I did purchase 3" clamps to use instead of supplied hardware.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

They hit bad enough to barely seat if they even do. I'm more worried about motor movement and how much they will. I noticed the new mounts are a little softer than my previous ones. I wrapped them with header wrap so I will have to test fithe them again. I clearanced them a little so hopefully its enough
Did you use gm mounts or aftermarket mounts (i.e. Anchor)?

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..