Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Speed Engineering 99-06 1 3/4" GM truck header fitment

Old 05-09-2016, 01:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went from short headers to long tube on a malibu i had it was a sbc with a V1 Vortech on it and truly did not see a real hp or tq difference in the dyno at all except in the WOT high rpms. but nothing in the normal drive rpms now the shorts were 3 inch outs with 3 inch duals so i dont know
Old 05-09-2016, 06:15 AM
Teching In

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by X_Racing1
did no one see the hotrod video where David Frybuger or whatever show how little diffenerece smashing header tube to hp or tq? look on youtube its amazing dont worry about it.
Denting the header to fit isn't the problem. The problem is swapping motor mounts (PITA) and that not fixing the issue!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:17 AM
Teching In

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
I feel that new mounts are key to them fitting properly, my personal truck is 15+ years old and has 256K miles on it
I felt the same and went through the trouble of replacing both motor mounts and my transmission mount hoping it would fix my fitment issue.... it didn't. See my pics on the previous page.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The headers I got coming are from DNA/Speed Daddy also in California. Looks just like the Speed Engineering set. Now what do you do with the EGR and the downstream O2 plugs since they aren't used it appears?
Old 05-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Neumann
The headers I got coming are from DNA/Speed Daddy also in California. Looks just like the Speed Engineering set. Now what do you do with the EGR and the downstream O2 plugs since they aren't used it appears?
if you have EGR on either the exhaust or the engine and plan on not using it, just block it off somehow. for the 02 sensors that are after the cats , just remove the sensor and ziptie the cables somewhere out of the way.

_Zblee
Old 05-21-2016, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just installed a set of 1 3/4 on my Yukon XL. Passenger side 02 simply did not clear the floor. I dented the floor (rearward) of the truck a tad to get it to clear. On the driver side one tube was too close to the frame for my liking so i flattened it a tad and another tube was not fitting around the steering shaft. Old motor mounts cause an engine to sag but these fitting issues weren't caused by sagging.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
Yes, our 25-1016 headers are a direct replacement.

Thank you
Sean
Will my longtubes off of my 04 silverado ss fit on my 08 silverado ... going turbo on my 04 so I don't need them anymore and want to put them on my 08 truck
Old 05-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

kaze_v8: Thank you for your comments. Seems good reviews are few and far between lately.

Dangles: I will PM you my email. I would like to figure out what is going on in your specific application.

01ssreda4: Some of these comments don't make sense. Our 99-06 passenger side O2 bung doesn't point up. It points side ways towards the frame. See pic. As for the driverside rocking into the steering shaft. That is caused from warn out motor mounts. Our headers usually have 3/4" of clearance between the shaft and the primary tube. The drivers side motor mount takes majority of the engine load and wears out much faster than the passenger side causing the engine to rock left into the steering shaft. New motor mounts will correct that issue.

04TurboSilveradoSS: If its 2wd yes. If the truck is 4wd no. The 4wd have an additional step in the frame on the 07-13 trucks.

Thanks
Sean
Old 12-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

Question

Speed Engineering, I have an 05' GMC Sierra with the 5.3. It is 2WD however it is one of the odd ball "California Special" trucks that utilizes the 4WD frame and steering/suspension components without the differential or transfer case. Have you guys ran into any customers using your headers on this style truck or any issues you can think of that I can look into?
Thanks.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would assume they should fit fine. If its based off of the 4wd frame my best guess would be yes.

Thanks
Sean

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speed Engineering 99-06 1 3/4" GM truck header fitment