Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

so i found out my ls6 springs arent going to work

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Well if anything happens i'm officially holding you responsible for bringing it up.
I'm just looking out for everyone, because alot of people including myself didn't know or didn't think about open and closing seat pressure when choosing a cam and springs. This is especially important with agressive lobe like a Comp XER lobe. Our cams are on an XR lobe, which isn't as crazy as an XER, but its not as mild as say a crane or lunati lobe. LS6 springs are only good for what they were made for, and even then, they aren't that great. If you think about it, why would GM change anything that they've been doing as far as product quality goes. Look at all the crapped out 4L60s and Allisons, hell even stock vettes are breaking ls6 springs from what I've heard from people that work in Chevy dealer shops. I'm not saying that theyre crappy springs, because for a stock spring theyre great, but they're really no match for many of the aftermarket cams out there. The ramp rates of aftermarket cams are much more aggressive so the cams produce power quicker, run better, and throttle response is quicker, which is where aftermarket beehive and dual spring kits come into play. In exchange for the strength that the LS6 springs do not have, you have to give up valvetrain noise, and longevity of the springs.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
I'm just looking out for everyone, because alot of people including myself didn't know or didn't think about open and closing seat pressure when choosing a cam and springs. This is especially important with agressive lobe like a Comp XER lobe. Our cams are on an XR lobe, which isn't as crazy as an XER, but its not as mild as say a crane or lunati lobe. LS6 springs are only good for what they were made for, and even then, they aren't that great. If you think about it, why would GM change anything that they've been doing as far as product quality goes. Look at all the crapped out 4L60s and Allisons, hell even stock vettes are breaking ls6 springs from what I've heard from people that work in Chevy dealer shops. I'm not saying that theyre crappy springs, because for a stock spring theyre great, but they're really no match for many of the aftermarket cams out there. The ramp rates of aftermarket cams are much more aggressive so the cams produce power quicker, run better, and throttle response is quicker, which is where aftermarket beehive and dual spring kits come into play. In exchange for the strength that the LS6 springs do not have, you have to give up valvetrain noise, and longevity of the springs.
It's cool. Everyone appreciates someone posting up important information such as this. Need to have a mod add that to the cam sticky if it's not already in there.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

oh and in that post up there, i am in no way saying that GM makes crappy products. I love my chevy and everyone elses, but you can't really expect them to build their products for much more than they were designed for. I highly doubt GM produced those LS6 springs for anything other than an LS6 cam.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:24 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever get these to work?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Where's the Beef?

Pretty sure he ended up using them. I'm still using them and shifting at 6400
Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

damn I had a tr224 with these springs, they seen 7k with a 150 shot quite a bit and they were used when I got them. eh all i can say is i was a lucky one i guess
Old 11-02-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

scott i got a guy here (the one with the 5.3 colorado) who has patriot duals with the retainers and seats. text me and let me know if you want them
Old 11-02-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Veteran

This thread is older than Christmas!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by RandomHero
This thread is older than Christmas!
Christmas is right around the corner.

But yes This thread is from earlier this year when he rant the xr269hr but has since switched applications.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:32 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Christmas is right around the corner.

But yes This thread is from earlier this year when he rant the xr269hr but has since switched applications.
Your right, earlier this year is June 08'.......

Quick Reply: so i found out my ls6 springs arent going to work