Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rookie needs ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 06:55 PM
lsm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Merctech2
2wd easy. Get the 4l80 with 6.0 and swap in. Do a mild cam with a verter = 😀
Really leaning toward this. Just need to figure out which 6.0 (LS2/LQ4/LQ9...)and the best route to procure a reliable one.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Around here lq4 was easiest and cheapest. A lot of 2500 work trucks. Good heads and cubes for cheap. My plan is eventually boost so lq4 was my route. Ran out of money doing swap but still have a fun truck even without boost. Did the usual mods for boost ,ls9 head gaskets head studs, trunnion upgrade, jfr 218 boost cam and springs, 3400 yank ,shift kit. Rcsb truck 3:73 trutrac , everything sacrificial weight wise gone. IMO pretty fast truck.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Just visiting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lsm
I don't expect to have a bad *** machine running 9's or 10's, I just want a huge change from what I have now and not really sure what the best/cheapest/safest route is to get there. Anyway, I guess I'm just asking for opinions and suggestions to help me explore all angles and make a final decision about which way to go.
Thanks
I swapped a 416 shortblock for my 5.3 keeping my stock cylinder heads and I am very happy with the results. While not cheap(~$5k for the short block) it was a mod you can really feel On the chassis dyno it put down ~390hp/400lb/ft at the wheels with stock intake/heads/exhaust!