Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockers Lifters Pushrod options

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Rockers Lifters Pushrod options

New to the LS platform..Any first hand opinions on what rockers, lifters and pushrods to use on 370 rods and pistons s480 boosted daily driven 800hp build? Longevity is the key, not a track truck or build.

I know now the majority runs LS7 lifters but there is another reliable more quiet option out there? Seems like most aftermarket ones I read about are short lived with failures.

As for rockers, initially I was going with oem rockers and the Straub or Smith Bros trunion. Any expierence with aftermarket roller rockers, even maybe Summit brand?

And then pushrods, there seems to be a ton of options out there.

Heads are 799 cnc, stock sized valve with 660 dual springs, Howards Cam 625/625 234/230 115. Thank you in advance for the help.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:14 PM
Avery@texas-speed.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are 1000s of vehicles running the LS7 lifters with good results. I would say if you want a no fail lifter that is tried and true look into Johnson Lifters. These are a race style link bar lifter and some come with axle oiling. Lots of high end high HP cars are running them with great results.

As for rockers, I would run the stock rockers with a trunion kit. Roller tip rockers add a bit of weight over the valve tip and can cause valve float. If I had to run a roller tip I would try the Yella Terra kit. Texas Speed has a roller tip coming soon that we be a strong consideration in my book!

Pushrods will need to be measured. We can all sit here and guess, but if you run an aftermarket lifter with a tight pre-load it will need to be measured.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Johnson makes a 2110 lifter that's a standard type drop in. Personally I have Johnson 2116SLR's. I feel Johnson makes a quality lifter, they are very helpful if you call them also. I also run Straub bushed stock rockers and Manton custom pushrods.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you both for the advice.