Click here to visit LS1Tech
Click here to visit Performance Trucks
Click here to visit Mod Motor Tech
Click here to visit Modern Hemi

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums  

Go Back   PerformanceTrucks.net Forums > GENERAL MOTORS SPECIFIC FORUMS > GM Engine & Exhaust Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Performance Trucks!
Welcome to Performance Trucks,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2003, 03:32 PM   #1
Trader Rating: 16
? ? ? ? ? ?

Default Re: resetting the computer????

Turn the key to "on", but not started. Pull the ECM-A and ECM-I fuses in the underhood fuse box. Put them both back in, at this point you should hear the fuel pump pressurize the fuel rails. Turn truck off - you are done.
Retired: 99 Excab Z71, 2003 Z71 Tahoe, 2003 Silverado SS, 2004 Avalanche, 2008 TBSS
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:52 PM   #2
Trader Rating: 5
Administrator

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BigTex:
<strong> Turn the key to "on", but not started. Pull the ECM-A and ECM-I fuses in the underhood fuse box. Put them both back in, at this point you should hear the fuel pump pressurize the fuel rails. Turn truck off - you are done. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought it was ECM-B and ECM-1? This must be another way to do it? Usually I turn my key to the run position, the pull the two fuses that I mentioned, let it sit for 5 minutes, turn the key off, re-insert fuses and start the truck. It seems to work for me that way.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:00 AM   #3
Trader Rating: 5
TECH Addict

When would I want to reset the computer?
Old 02-03-2003, 01:53 AM   #4
Trader Rating: 0
Teching In

Default resetting the computer????

How do you reset the computer for a 99 Sierra 5.3L. Can't remember what fuses to pull, for how long, if you need to set the parking brake??? you know the same ol' questions everybody ask...
Old 02-03-2003, 06:41 AM   #5
Trader Rating: 16
? ? ? ? ? ?

I may have the A / B mixed up, but the other is an I not a 1. Its been since last march when I gor LS1 edit that I stopped resetting ses lights.
Retired: 99 Excab Z71, 2003 Z71 Tahoe, 2003 Silverado SS, 2004 Avalanche, 2008 TBSS
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:41 AM
PerformanceTrucks
Ford F150

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1999, 2002, 53, 53l, 99, avalanche, computer, ecm, ecm1, fuel, fuse, gmc, pull, reset, resetting, tahoe