Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem when I turn my car on after 7+ hours

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 08:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Problem when I turn my car on after 7+ hours

Good morning,
I have this problem started two weeks ago until now.
I have 5.3 GMC Sierra 2010
In the begging I have changed the battery. After that, the engine light goes on, when i checked on it, it said misfire on cylinder#8. I have changed all spark plugs plus the wires, the engine light still on and when i checked on it it said the same, misfire on cylinder#8. But after that the problem has started.
When i want to turn on my car, the RPM, TEMP SENSOR, AND THE OIL SENSOR don't seem well.
The RPM goes up and down like several times and the car turned off, maybe for 80 times that day. I said maybe the air intake has some water inside and its wet, but i was wrong! I went for two shops and they didn't know what is the problem, i went to the gmc dealer to check on my car. They said i have to change the wiring harness, battery and battery cables, plus they aren't sure what is the problem comes from !
In addition, I have this video I applauded on YouTube

after my car comes warm, every thing comes well, i drive it like it doesn't have anything. Some times, the engine light shows, after that i lose the power but it disappear at the same time, like the engine light flashing and sometimes when the engine light comes, the car turned off while I'm driving

My friend told me i have to change the battery cables, they don't give that much power for the car or it has running from the power.
My other friend he said i have to check on the intake, and the throttle , they are not sure ...

I live in Miami, Fl. If anyone knows any shops that they know how to solve the problem, please let me know !
thanks.

Last edited by walidmurad; 05-31-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you might have a vacuum leak on the intake manifold. Maybe the intake manifold gasket. Mine will idle pretty rough if it sits for a day then when it warms up and the gasket expands everything is fine.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueTexan24
Sounds like you might have a vacuum leak on the intake manifold. Maybe the intake manifold gasket. Mine will idle pretty rough if it sits for a day then when it warms up and the gasket expands everything is fine.

where's that exactly located ?
if it is something in the air intake, i have already bought an corsa air intake and its gonna arrive on June,6
Now, I left my car in etc shop. and he didn't find the problem yet, I'm still waiting from him a call .
Thanks.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The gasket is literally under the intake manifold between the heads and the intake manifold. Your cold air intake will attach to your throttle body which is bolted to your intake manifold. It's that big black ugly thing at the very top of your motor.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:08 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It seems to crank for a long time. Check fuel pressure and fuel volume as well. #8 will miss if the pressure isn't correct or it the volume is to low. Also there is a bleed back valve on the pump that goes bad and after sitting and waiting it allows the fuel to bleed back in the tank from the fuel rails.

At Gm a TSB was released from long crank/misfiring at start up/idle funny at start up after long periods of waiting.

If you do need a fuel pump I recommend going to GM for the updated pump and updated wiring harness for those trucks. I'll get a video tomorrow of mine starting for ya

For the record my truck has been starting like that for a couple of years now, don't really want to spend the money for a new pump.