Click here to visit LS1Tech
Click here to visit Performance Trucks
Click here to visit Mod Motor Tech
Click here to visit Modern Hemi

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums  

Go Back   PerformanceTrucks.net Forums > GENERAL MOTORS SPECIFIC FORUMS > GM Engine & Exhaust Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Performance Trucks!
Welcome to Performance Trucks,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
Trader Rating: 7
TECH Regular

Default PO332 scanner code???

1999 GMC reg cab 5.3 auto...I have been getting a PO332 knock sensor low input bank two. What does this mean and were do I start looking to fix it. I have hooked up my scanner and erased it twice to make sure it wasn't a false code but it came back . So what do I do now?Any help or advice will be great. Thanks in advance..
Old 08-26-2005, 06:08 PM   #2
Trader Rating: 0
On The Tree

pull the intake off, check the holes where the knock sensors are to see if they are full of water, clean out holes, clean corrosion off connectors, clean connector on sensor or replace knock sensors, use a sealer on side of rubber caps covering holes to prevent water from getting in
mjgjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
Trader Rating: 19
PT's Slowest Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgjr72
pull the intake off, check the holes where the knock sensors are to see if they are full of water, clean out holes, clean corrosion off connectors, clean connector on sensor or replace knock sensors, use a sealer on side of rubber caps covering holes to prevent water from getting in
I believe that there's a TSB that outlines this exact repair...
[FONT=Garamond]99 5.3 Z71 RC/SB - [COLOR="Blue"]FLT Level7 65E[/COLOR], [COLOR="Purple"]Circle-D Billet 258mm 2B Multi-Disc[/COLOR], Comp 206/212 515/520 114, LS6 Springs, Harland Sharp 1.7's, [COLOR="Red"]BlackBear 02 PCM[/COLOR], 02 Injectors, 160* stat, 05 E-fans, Nelson Harness, Volant CAI w/ Ram Air, StainlessWorks Headers and !Catted! Y-Pipe, DMH 3" E-Cutout, 18" Magnaflow dumped over axle, 3.73 G80, Dropped on Gibbs 20's [B]**H/C LQ9, 4.10's, and TruTrac eventually**[/B] [/FONT]
budhayes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 12:10 PM   #4
Trader Rating: 36
TECH Resident

yep they sure are for all 99-2002 tahoe, silverado ,suburban the back one gets water in it and it shows false knock.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:21 PM   #5
Trader Rating: 7
TECH Regular

I happened the next day after washing the engine down. Will the water that got in there evaporate? and I don't have to go thru removing the intake to check the knock sensors? or should I just replace the knock sensors since my truck has 147,000 miles on it. How can I prevent this from happening again? I've heard the intake doesn't seal well in the front is this true?Thanks in advance..
Old 08-27-2005, 08:03 PM   #6
Trader Rating: 0
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01wtahoe
I happened the next day after washing the engine down. Will the water that got in there evaporate? and I don't have to go thru removing the intake to check the knock sensors? or should I just replace the knock sensors since my truck has 147,000 miles on it. How can I prevent this from happening again? I've heard the intake doesn't seal well in the front is this true?Thanks in advance..
maybe eventually, the only way to keep from happening again is to pull off the intake and seal the holes the knock sensors mount in, might as well change them while your in there, hell while you have the intake off you can always drop on a radix
mjgjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:03 PM
PerformanceTrucks
Ford F150

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 53, code, gmc, knock, po332, sensor, sierra, silverado, suburban, tahoe, tsb