Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PCV help

I just did a nnbs intake swap on my 04 tahoe. I used the PCV line to the back of the drivers side valve cover. It has a PCV valve. Where should I hook the line off the front of the passenger side cover? I think it was to the intake before but there is no port for it on the nnvs intake. I've seen it run to the intake tube, but there's no vacuum there, right? What's the best way?
Old 03-15-2017, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

It shouldn't have to see vacuum if I'm thinking right. It just needs to have something pulling the vapors out and that is what the air flowing past it would do.

The NNBS trucks just have the passenger valve cover going straight to the intake tube.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree. Don't need a vacuum on the passenger side PCV. Drill and tap intake tube would be your best bet.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:42 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

The passenger side is supposed to be the inlet for fresh air, the air needs to be metered though if you are using a MAF (so between the MAF and TB).
Old 03-16-2017, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Good deal. That's an easy solution. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2017, 09:22 AM
Avery@texas-speed.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by axekick
I just did a nnbs intake swap on my 04 tahoe. I used the PCV line to the back of the drivers side valve cover. It has a PCV valve. Where should I hook the line off the front of the passenger side cover? I think it was to the intake before but there is no port for it on the nnvs intake. I've seen it run to the intake tube, but there's no vacuum there, right? What's the best way?
Eric,

We have a breather on mine and well it runs fine. We use the PCV on the driver side and hooked that up, However I am about to add a catch can so I will change that up soon. If you want to check it out let me know. When we installed my TBSS intake it was really late and I was getting tired of messing with it, so we tossed a breather on it and its been fine. If there was an issue with the way it was set up you would have figured that out pretty quick and I would have had to change it before the tune.

-Avery
Old 03-16-2017, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

Ricky told me you had done that. If I'm understanding it correctly, the fresh air that comes in ends up going into the intake on the PCV side and it's not getting measured by the MAF so it's like a vacuum leak. However, if we tuned it while it was like that, it might throw it off a little if you were to hook it up to the intake now so it should be fine. I tuned mine recently without the fresh air return. I'll hook it up to the intake and retune the maf and see what the difference is. I expect it to be minor.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:33 AM
Avery@texas-speed.com

Originally Posted by axekick
Ricky told me you had done that. If I'm understanding it correctly, the fresh air that comes in ends up going into the intake on the PCV side and it's not getting measured by the MAF so it's like a vacuum leak. However, if we tuned it while it was like that, it might throw it off a little if you were to hook it up to the intake now so it should be fine. I tuned mine recently without the fresh air return. I'll hook it up to the intake and retune the maf and see what the difference is. I expect it to be minor.
Agree, I need to fix it for sure, but it runs and drives so I have been happy. When I dig into the catch can I will fix it. If you set it up the correct way I would like to see how you rig it up. I am sure Ricky would like to see that too as his is done the same way.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

I remember now that these guys reminded me. I sued a step bit to drill a hole so that a hose nipple would screw into my intake tube on my last tahoe and just connected a hose from the passenger side valve cover to the nipple in the intake tube. I'll take a picture when I do it.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:46 AM
Avery@texas-speed.com

That is what I was thinking about. Ill most likely do that when I get the catch can in there.