Click here to visit LS1Tech
Click here to visit Performance Trucks
Click here to visit Mod Motor Tech
Click here to visit Modern Hemi

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums  

Go Back   PerformanceTrucks.net Forums > GENERAL MOTORS SPECIFIC FORUMS > GM Engine & Exhaust Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Performance Trucks!
Welcome to Performance Trucks,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2005, 11:57 AM   #1
Trader Rating: 5
TECH Senior Member

Default P1133/p1153

I have these codes(Insufficient switching for the passenger and drvierside front o2 sensors) for about 7 months now. I did a search on this and found out it may be caused by the sensors not getting hot enough to function properly. I doubt my o2 sensors are out at 30k miles. When these codes appeard my truck only 24k miles. I am sure there are not leaks in my exhaust that could be causing this.
I am not sure if this coincidense but I notice these code popping up after putting some silicone between the header gaskets and the headers . Could this be the cause of my codes not going away? Other than this, my truck has no other issues and it's running very strong. Anybody ever esperince these codes in their trucks? BTW, this is on my signle cab 5.3.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:09 PM   #2
Trader Rating: 1
TECH Senior Member

Headers? Are they coated? What headers if you do have headers?
Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
Trader Rating: 0
TECH Resident

Tib, I don't remember exactly where I read it, but someone did say that RTV sealer could flake/break off and cause this code. I did a search for P1154, which is the same code for the other O2 sensor, and found that particular information. I'm getting the P1154 after having my headers/cats installed with new O2 sensors.

Hope that helps!

Red hot & rollin'
"I guess the price of being sober is being scared out of your mind" - Drive-by Truckers, Southern Rock Opera - Shut Your Mouth (and Get Your Ass On the Plane)
TarheelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #4
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer
Headers? Are they coated? What headers if you do have headers?
Yes, I do have some long tube ceramic coated ASM headers.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:09 AM   #5
Trader Rating: 0
TECH Regular

Send a message via MSN to slamed 04 silverado Send a message via Yahoo to slamed 04 silverado

Its the RTV. I also read that somewhere. It will **** up the O2's.

2004 sc sb LQ9 (6.0L) Dyno Tune by Synergy Motorsports, cold air, TOG's, 1 chamber race Flowmaster, Flowtech cutout. SOLD!!!

slamed 04 silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
Trader Rating: 2
Staging Lane

bumping this old thread. i'm getting the p1133 codes. i have longtubes and ory and i used copper rtv in the pipes to try to fix some leaks. is this what is probably causing the code? if it is are the o2's now garbage? will this happen again with new o2's if i replace them?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbakutz View Post
bumping this old thread. i'm getting the p1133 codes. i have longtubes and ory and i used copper rtv in the pipes to try to fix some leaks. is this what is probably causing the code? if it is are the o2's now garbage? will this happen again with new o2's if i replace them?
I really doubt your 02's are bad.. Have your tuner check if your 02's are switching... If they are, they are just taking longer to heat up and start switching because of the lt headers and it's during this time your p1133 is activated... If this is the case, have your tuner desable SES light for this particular code and don't warry about it..
Old 09-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #8
Staging Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILE View Post
I really doubt your 02's are bad.. Have your tuner check if your 02's are switching... If they are, they are just taking longer to heat up and start switching because of the lt headers and it's during this time your p1133 is activated... If this is the case, have your tuner desable SES light for this particular code and don't warry about it..
why don't you think they are bad? i thought they went out around my mileage?
Old 09-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #9
Staging Lane

now the truck is running like crap at idle. rpms are bouncing from 5 to 700ish. sign of the o2's?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
Trader Rating: 19
PT's Slowest Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbakutz View Post
now the truck is running like crap at idle. rpms are bouncing from 5 to 700ish. sign of the o2's?
It could be a sign of a couple of things, but since you're getting the O2 codes I'll bet that they're related. Best bet is to get a scan tool or some tuning software hooked up and watch the O2 sensor activity. Your sensors could be contaminated by the RTV, or it may be a problem with the headers releasing too much heat for the O2's to get warm enough to function properly.
[FONT=Garamond]99 5.3 Z71 RC/SB - [COLOR="Blue"]FLT Level7 65E[/COLOR], [COLOR="Purple"]Circle-D Billet 258mm 2B Multi-Disc[/COLOR], Comp 206/212 515/520 114, LS6 Springs, Harland Sharp 1.7's, [COLOR="Red"]BlackBear 02 PCM[/COLOR], 02 Injectors, 160* stat, 05 E-fans, Nelson Harness, Volant CAI w/ Ram Air, StainlessWorks Headers and !Catted! Y-Pipe, DMH 3" E-Cutout, 18" Magnaflow dumped over axle, 3.73 G80, Dropped on Gibbs 20's [B]**H/C LQ9, 4.10's, and TruTrac eventually**[/B] [/FONT]
budhayes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:25 AM
PerformanceTrucks
Ford F150

Paid Advertisement

Tags
07, 2002, 48, 53, chevy, code, codes, fix, gm, ls1, p1133, p1133p1153, p1153, silverado, tech, tune