Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

NNBS Intake w/78mm TB

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ezdaar
get MAF readings with small intake and compare them to new intake MAF readings. that tell ya how much more air is going through.
I will do that.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbrown1320
What year MAP pigtail do you need? The '07-'09 NNBS was the same as the NBS, but the '10-'13 did use a different MAP sensor. I may be wrong, but I don't think that the maps are interchangeable? Either way, I think I've got extra pigtails of each. You're welcome to have them if you swing down here to pick them up, or I'll mail them up to Austin for just the cost of shipping.
I'd appreciate if you could send me a pigtail. The guy said the intake came off of a 2011. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to scale the MAP in the tune to make it work. Shoot me your paypal and let me know what you want to do it.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by axekick
I'd appreciate if you could send me a pigtail. The guy said the intake came off of a 2011. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to scale the MAP in the tune to make it work. Shoot me your paypal and let me know what you want to do it.

When I did my nnbs intake, I used an extension harness from Ballenger Motorsports. It's 24in and was about $23.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to clarify some of the info. The 07-09 NNBS Maps are the same as the NBS and look like this:

Your factory NBS wiring will plug into these maps no problem. You do not need an extension, the wires are long enough, but are taped up into the factory wire loom. Just in-tape your loom, extract the wires to the appropriate length, and tape it back up.

Now, the '10-'13 NNBS map sensor looks like this:

These maps are different and will not plug into the NBS harness. The retention of these maps are slightly different too, so you may need to get creative to reuse your original NBS map in its place, but it will fit fine. This is what I've done on my truck, I just fabbed up a small retainer and bolted it to a nearby threaded insert to hold the map in place solidly.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If my images aren't appearing in my last post:

07-09 map
http://images7.solidcommerce.com/sc7...09359409_1.jpg

'10-13 map
http://www.aipelectronics.com/media/...ullb_68_80.png
Old 02-17-2017, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbrown1320
Just to clarify some of the info. The 07-09 NNBS Maps are the same as the NBS and look like this:

Your factory NBS wiring will plug into these maps no problem. You do not need an extension, the wires are long enough, but are taped up into the factory wire loom. Just in-tape your loom, extract the wires to the appropriate length, and tape it back up.

Now, the '10-'13 NNBS map sensor looks like this:

These maps are different and will not plug into the NBS harness. The retention of these maps are slightly different too, so you may need to get creative to reuse your original NBS map in its place, but it will fit fine. This is what I've done on my truck, I just fabbed up a small retainer and bolted it to a nearby threaded insert to hold the map in place solidly.

I preferred the extension. I didn't want to screw with the harness.

Some folks may feel the same. That was my only point.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Most of the time you can pull the map harness out enough without any issues, i used a newer bosch style (10-13) with an adaptor harness and was told that the pcm wasnt recognizing the signal from it and wouldnt let me go into wot fueling... ended up running the map sensor sensor off the vacuum port on the side of the intake and plugging it right in without any issues with a small piece if hose....