Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NNBS headers, y pipe and cam. Before and after Dyno's

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes it is.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikealicious2k5
Yes it is.
What muffler? I was worried going catless was going to make it very loud. Didn't seem to loud at all. Did you notice a power difference? I can't remember did u go 1 3/4 or 1 7/8?
Old 02-22-2017, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Josh154
What muffler? I was worried going catless was going to make it very loud. Didn't seem to loud at all. Did you notice a power difference? I can't remember did u go 1 3/4 or 1 7/8?
It's a flowmaster. I believe its the super 44. I'll take a picture of it to double check when I'm under it tomorrow installing the cutout.

I went with the 1 3/4" long tubes. Definitely notice a difference up top. I love the way this thing sounds. When I have my foot buried in it, it's nice and raspy and loud. When I'm just cruising, it's quiet and doesn't drone at all.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mikealicious2k5
It's a flowmaster. I believe its the super 44. I'll take a picture of it to double check when I'm under it tomorrow installing the cutout.

I went with the 1 3/4" long tubes. Definitely notice a difference up top. I love the way this thing sounds. When I have my foot buried in it, it's nice and raspy and loud. When I'm just cruising, it's quiet and doesn't drone at all.
Cool isn't flow masters the ones that people usually say drone? Once my duramax sells I'm going to buy a vortec max. I'm debating between 1 3/4" and 1 7/8". I'm thinking I may go 1 7/8" with the 6.0. I'm curious to see dyno results of headers and with the cam. That's the same came I have planned too.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Josh154
Cool isn't flow masters the ones that people usually say drone? Once my duramax sells I'm going to buy a vortec max. I'm debating between 1 3/4" and 1 7/8". I'm thinking I may go 1 7/8" with the 6.0. I'm curious to see dyno results of headers and with the cam. That's the same came I have planned too.
I believe the super 40 is the one that drones, and moreso with the afm/dod. I have mine disabled currently with the programmer, so it doesn't drone at all.

I also went with the 1 3/4" instead of the 1 7/8", because everyone I talked to said I wasn't moving enough air to need the 1 7/8". I think for FI/Nitrous applications, the larger may be needed.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Whelp. Installed the cutout and went back to the dyno today. Wasn't expecting a power gain with the cutout open, was just curious to see what the power difference would be. More so curious to see how it effects the truck when the cam is installed and tuned.

Here's a cold startup video with a few revs, and two dyno pulls following.

Here is my cutout. It's the DMH Low profile. I had a bunch of friends that ran the QTP and had issues with the motor failing, and the system leaking. We've used the DMH's on a few AMG Mercedes, and have had good luck with them.

DMH Low profile cutout

And a picture of the dyno. I had to roll onto it a little slower this time, which is why the start of the curve looks lower than my first dyno. I jumped on it twice at 3k rpms, and it downshifted both times.

Silverado Dyno

Overall, I'm pleased with the headers and Y pipe. They sound great, and picked up 11hp/14tq to the wheels. Can't wait to see how they react with the cam at the end of next month. Hopefully this helps someone in their decision making.
The following users liked this post:
Josh154 (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Also, could anyone verify which Flowmaster I have? It's a one in, two out. I didn't see any serial numbers on the inlet or outlet. No other insignia/markings on the muffler that I could see besides these. Thanks.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

Worth noting that the top pull was my first (cutout closed), bottom was my second (cutout open), and middle was my third (cutout closed). There was about 5mins in between the first and second pull. No fan in front of the truck to cool. Second and third were done back to back, so I think it was just getting warm. Outside temp was about 58ºF
Old 02-23-2017, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Mods: can you please change title to

Mikealicious2k5's 2012 5.3 build thread. Mod list, dyno before/afters, vids

Thank you.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Awesome man! What do those 5.3s put down stock? Are you still running stock Intake?

Quick Reply: NNBS headers, y pipe and cam. Before and after Dyno's