Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(New Kid) have some motor questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobfig
nice more marketing material... couldn't even try to discredit my post because you know its true.

so the delta flow plates don't impede the flow of hot exhaust gas?

also threw that pic in autocad to measure the inlet and the tube that runs from the front chamber to the delta plates, and that tube is nearly 6% smaller then the inlet and outlet.

also when i ran one on my old truck it droned like a **** at around 1500-2200rpms. basically cruising speed. i thought your engineers spent time and money to lessen drone. i know when i went with a spintech/pypes race pro the drone was a lot less.

at least i know with my magnaflow my pipe is the same diameter all the way threw and is stainless steel so i don't need to worry about it rusting inside out.
Here is a very informative video that explains how Flowmaster's chambered exhaust technology works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a27TZg2z9U

The illustration that you took your measurements from is not a scaled diagram. As a manufacturer, it would be ill-advised to distribute that type of detailed product information.

I apologize that you were unhappy with the sound of the muffler that was installed on your truck.

Please note that Flowmaster produces mufflers in 409S and 304 stainless steel.

Last edited by FlowmasterMufflers; 07-11-2014 at 09:49 AM.