Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

New cam for my Tahoe 98

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New cam for my Tahoe 98

Hi,

I hope you can help me I am considering a new perfermance cam for my Tahoe 98, the engine is stock except for performance headers and I have removed the cat.

Can I use this cam ???

TFS Stage 2 Retro-fit Hydraulic Roller Camshaft SBC Chevy

Do I need to upgrade the injection system and cylinder heads too ??? Or will it work with my stock engine.

Thanks alot from Denmark, Europe.

Simon
Old 05-19-2015, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RATKO MLADIC
Hi,

I hope you can help me I am considering a new perfermance cam for my Tahoe 98, the engine is stock except for performance headers and I have removed the cat.

Can I use this cam ???

TFS Stage 2 Retro-fit Hydraulic Roller Camshaft SBC Chevy

Do I need to upgrade the injection system and cylinder heads too ??? Or will it work with my stock engine.

Thanks alot from Denmark, Europe.

Simon

Way too much cam for the injection, especially the factory black box ECM and intake manifold. Its also a retrofit roller and will not be needed unless you have a non-roller block.

You would need an Alex Spring/Retainer setup to run this cam on stock heads but IMO it would run well under the stock injection.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lu...make/chevrolet
Old 05-19-2015, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast355
Way too much cam for the injection, especially the factory black box ECM and intake manifold. Its also a retrofit roller and will not be needed unless you have a non-roller block.

You would need an Alex Spring/Retainer setup to run this cam on stock heads but IMO it would run well under the stock injection.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lu...make/chevrolet

Thanks for the reply but mine is not the vortech engine I believe Its made in Mexico, Can I still use these Alex Springs???
Old 05-19-2015, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RATKO MLADIC
Thanks for the reply but mine is not the vortech engine I believe Its made in Mexico, Can I still use these Alex Springs???
What is the cylinder head casting number??? Reason I ask is I have run across a few of these Mexican built Chevy's here in Texas. IIRC they were called Grand Blazers or something like that. Even though the one I worked on was TBI, it still had Vortec heads and accessories on it.