Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Need cats!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Off topic, but....I put a 2.5" flowmaster 44 series on my buddys 05 sierra 5.3 ccsb couple weeks ago, i am kind of disappointed in the way it sounded, i had a 40 series on my 13 silvy 4.8 ccsb and it was night and day...and same 44 series on my truck are damn near obnoxious....guess it has to do with the duals vs single muffler., and the amount of exhaust going through them... Thinking about resonator delete on the yukon with maybe a 40 series later on down the road...
Old 10-25-2015, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea the single/single vs single/dual is different, it will have a louder tone with the dual out vs the single out.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

My truck has dual pipes running back to an h pipe i built long enough to make up the difference between the gibson muffler which was about size of a stock muffler to a pair of super 44s to a pair of tailpipes..... Cant see my true duals being that much louder than his stock system with the same muffler i have.... Figured his wuldve been kinda obnoxious, considering it has all 8 cylinders running though it where as i only have 4 running through each pipe.... Dunno, guess its got to do with amount of air being pulled in and my idle being higher than his
Old 10-26-2015, 05:58 AM
On The Tree

you still have all 8, you have an h pipe in the system so it balances it out. im sot sure why one of the other is louder, don't you have the 6.0? and depending what all is done to motor between the two will have a different tone.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran the magnaflow high flow cats for a couple years before I had my rear o2's deleted from the pcm and went back to the off road y pipe. They worked good and were high quality. We have emission testing where I am in NC and I always passed with them.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

I at this point dont have to worry about emissions, however we do have to have cats inplace for the va safety inspection.. I would like to run magnaflows if i can find them for the right price.... Budget is big issue right now
Old 10-26-2015, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

check on amazon they always have great deals.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Keep that in mind, but amazon irritated the hell outta me over some shocks recently..... Not to mention im about to change jobs, sorta..... Long story!!!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

never had a problem with amazon...knock on wood... that sucks about the job... or maybe good? i have had an issue with rockauto but they fixed the issue and gave me a full refund. i still use them.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

The whole amazon thing i shoulda know better found shocks for my truck, one of their warehouse deals(open box whatever) ordered two were same part number both wrong, turns out there were for an f350 with 6" lift but the boxes came in with blank printer labels over the part numbers from different warehouses, received one a day after my shock boots, the other was almost a week later... After some sort of warehouse delay....so my ignant self orders a third one in hopes it was just the one along worh my vette servo, got the servo a day later the third shock showed up from yet a different warehouse in same condition as the first one, two days after the second one finally showed up...guess i learned my lesson on amazon warehouse deals!!! Sad part is theyre usually on the ball, if theyd called/emailed and said hey we screwed up we dont have that prt number i wouldnt have been as pissed about the whole situation, if at all...... My thing is dont advertise em if you dont actually have them!!!! Really sad all three shocks came in the exact same condition and the exact same WRONG part number!!!

Quick Reply: Need cats!!