Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LT1 Stand Alone Harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Stand Alone Harness

I installed a LT1 into my S10 last summer. My buddy spliced the S10 harness into the LT1 harness and got the truck running, but, we've been chasing gremlins ever since. I'm currently dealing with a fuel delivery problem. New injectors have been ordered.

I'm thinking about changing the harness to a stand alone harness to eliminate any chance problems that might arise in a spliced harness. Google searches say those harnesses are around $600. I'm wondering if you guys know where I can find one for less.

Any ideas?

Also, this is a stupid question, but, how much Nitrous can a basically stock 350 run before you risk blowing it up?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Save your money. I've done a bunch of LT1 conversions and those aftermarket harnesses are not worth it.Find a factory shop manual and double check your wiring. For some reason the injectors go bad from sitting so plan on a new set if thats the case. Don't forget to have the VATS shut off in the computer or that will be a problem also. Don't under fuel it either ,it needs a safe fuel sys that can support 40lbs or so of fuel pressure.......be safe.
I think most will agree that a 100 shot especially wet is safe.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Teching In

I am guessing there isn't a standard amount of sitting time before an injector goes bad?

I've actually be entertaining the idea of converting the engine to carb. I know most people don't understand that consideration after going through the hassle of wiring the motor, but, I'm that frustrated right now with this engine. If my estimate to convert wasn't almost $1,000 from JEGS, I'd probably have it converted already.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's the windings inside the injectors. they are nothing more than little electric motors, a bit of corrosion and they don't work right. Jegs has Accel inj reasonable but don't buy the older style Accels the LT1's don't like em! Did you have VATS shut off?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Teching In

The injectors that I found on Jegs' website were $50 each.

I'm not sure what VATS is, my buddy did the tuning. If it's the Vehicle Anti Theft System, yes, it was disabled.

I ordered some injectors from eBay. $50 for the set. I'm going to try those before I go nuts looking for other options.