Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust sound question???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust sound question???

I was wondering if any one has any suggestions to what muffler sounds good on a Silverado with pacesetter long tubes, no cats, and y-pipe? I want it to be loud but no but not head hurting loud, I was thinking the magnaflow race series mufflers or something like that. any suggestions would help!

thanks,
ssdan
Old 02-04-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default I like hooker

I have no cats and i love the hooker exhaust. I have no cats single in dual out hooker and its great. I have no drone and its quiet at idle but nice wide open. I have a lil burnout vid, maybe you can hear it. It takes a min or 2 to load so be patient.

http://media.putfile.com/Little-burn...y-to-get-tires

Derek
Old 02-04-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

i have the dynomax round muffler(not the bullet one) and im happy with mine. I had it dumped under the cab but that was to loud. I moved it to after the rear axle and no it sounds awesome

any of the magnaflows should be nice
Old 02-04-2006, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

I like the hooker. I have a single in single out dumped before the rearend sounds pretty good like that i just ordered headers and i want to get rid of the cats and i think it will sound real good
Old 02-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Well, I have a Magnaflow on my Silverado that I enjoy, but to be completely honest with you I put a "Flow Pro" on my Suburban about a week ago now and it is probably one of the best sounding mufflers I have ever heard. Apparently, last year Flowmaster decided to stop manufacturing their mufflers in mexico, but whern they pulled out they left all the tooling in the buildings. One of the local business men bought it all up and started to manufacture these "Flow Pro" mufflers. They have the same type of casting (without the stamp) but sound considerably better (I am sure they had to change some of the make up to avoid getting in trouble with Flowmaster). I only paid $40 for their equivilant of a 40 series with a single in single out 3". Just a thought!
Old 02-04-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The less pipe between the tip and the muffler exit the better the sound in my opinion. Right off the back of the muffler it will sound smoothest.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

ok I looked at both the dynomax mufflers and the magnaflow mufflers and I like them both, so the final question is which sounds nice and throaty (but loud) at idle and screams at wide open throttle?
Old 02-05-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would say that describes my magnaflow perfectly, I think it is quite loud and under normal acceleration you can here me comming fro, 2 blocks away.. And It really screams under wot.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HWFSTRU
I only paid $40 for their equivilant of a 40 series with a single in single out 3".
Mail order or local?
Old 02-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HWFSTRU
I only paid $40 for their equivilant of a 40 series with a single in single out 3".
Mail order or local?

Quick Reply: Exhaust sound question???