Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just adding things for my notes. Trying to keep up with stuff here. Makes it easy.
12573460- oil barbell
11561455- recessed cam plate bolts.

12561211- cam pos sensor
12560228- crank pos sensor
19112977- oil level
12563918- oil dipstick tube
knock sensor harness

Last edited by SWINGRRRR; 09-05-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

good to see you are getting back at it.
are you planning on adding a converter at any point?
get some 5.13 gears to compliment the added power aswell
Old 09-06-2015, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Id love to do a convector right now, but I just started working again. Ive been out of working since Jan and just been traveling the country. I've been looking at the Circle Ds, just not sure of the stall speed. Seems most with this cam want to start at 2800rpms.
This truck will mainly be a mall crawler with some time off road when I can. Its mostly mud or sand down here. No rock crawling, etc.

And I want to do 4.56s or 4.88. I haven't seen anything bigger for the 9.25 or 14 bolt. Truck has 37"s on it now, from the 35" pictured above.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

NVM. Found my answer.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SWINGRRRR
Been having a few hickups. Seems everyday I take off to play with the truck gets filled up with other stuff to do.
Got the cam out yesterday.

After that I went for some R&R on the beach.

Today I had to qualify with my new/old gun, then I got to blow off some steam.

I did however find the tool I needed to get my oil pan off!!!!

And tonight got the trunnion kit in.

Hopefully tomorrow Ill get the oil pan off, oil pump swapped, timing chain done, oil pan gasket, and new cam in. And I have to hit the bone yard for parts.

Know that feeling well. I have been in the middle of a cam, oil pump and intake swap for almost 2 months now and things keep coming up like my wife saying " hey, lets go to Colorado for 2 weeks" How can I argue that in the middle of Augest?!?...lol Feel your pain brother! If I dont hurry up and get it back together Im gonna have no choice but to go buy a new truck! Damn the bad luck!
Old 09-06-2015, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Well dang if you had told me sooner, I was just in Houston. TWICE!! Well, Liberty is where I was saying, but just a hop to the city I'm sure you know. Id have came and gave you a hand. And by hand I mean stand around and drink beer and watch HAHAHA
And in May I was in CO. Came across from FL to Houston to Mesa, to Grand Canyon, Boulder, Omaha, Chicago, Indy, Bowling Green, Huntsville, then back home.
As soon as I got back, I picked my boy up and took him to Rushmore for his summer vacation. Went a little out of our way on the way up to Memphis (always wanted to do Graceland) and then Chicago again. I wanted to show him the big city.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Well dang if you had told me sooner, I was just in Houston. TWICE!! Well, Liberty is where I was saying, but just a hop to the city I'm sure you know. Id have came and gave you a hand. And by hand I mean stand around and drink beer and watch HAHAHA
And in May I was in CO. Came across from FL to Houston to Mesa, to Grand Canyon, Boulder, Omaha, Chicago, Indy, Bowling Green, Huntsville, then back home.
As soon as I got back, I picked my boy up and took him to Rushmore for his summer vacation. Went a little out of our way on the way up to Memphis (always wanted to do Graceland) and then Chicago again. I wanted to show him the big city.
That is alot o driving! I love road trips!
Yes. Liberty is not very far about an hr Northeast. Its been twenty yrs since Ive been to Mt Rushmore. Its on the to do list for next yr! Never been to the Grand Canyon but I hear its a sight to behold! Had a big BBQ and beer blowout at my house yesterday so no forward progress on the truck. Working nights now till the weekend where it will rain all weekend since Im off! Ill get er done somehow!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Yours is an '03? From your sig? In the pic you have the 3 bolt intake? All that work why not throw on a 4 bolt?

I havent made any forward progress this week. Doing 10-11 hour days. Thanks, Labor Day holiday!! 1 day off, 4 of kicking your ***.

Hopefully Saturday if the rings come in, I can get the crank and pistons in.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 759 Likes on 628 Posts

Just adding things for my notes. Trying to keep up with stuff here. Makes it easy.
12573460- oil barbell
11561455- recessed cam plate bolts.

12561211- cam pos sensor
12560228- crank pos sensor
19112977- oil level
12563918- oil dipstick tube
knock sensor harness
You might find some other helpful numbers in here. https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...umbers-428941/
Old 09-11-2015, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Yours is an '03? From your sig? In the pic you have the 3 bolt intake? All that work why not throw on a 4 bolt?

I havent made any forward progress this week. Doing 10-11 hour days. Thanks, Labor Day holiday!! 1 day off, 4 of kicking your ***.

Hopefully Saturday if the rings come in, I can get the crank and pistons in.
I do have a TrailblazerSS intake and a Holley Hi Ram and NW 102mm TB. Started with the SS but got a heck of a deal on the Hi Ram with two Nitrous kits already plumbed into the runners. A new reverse split nitrous cam is going in now. I work on it a couple of hrs every day after work. I also work way to much. Been in turnaround for the last 2 months. My days off you can count on one hand. So most likely will be Christmas time before I get that chance but look out next spring!

Quick Reply: LQ4 Build