Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L94 + boost high 10's low 11's advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Default L94 + boost high 10's low 11's advice?

hey every!

i bought a L94 6.2 off a friend been wanting to play with a turbo for the last few years but its to hard to stuff one on my c5 z06 and cost is probably more then what the car is worth lol so i picked up a 2004 silverado RCSB from texas since i'm a truck guy any way

i plan on using forged pistons h beam rods arp fasteners

my gold: daily driver, reliable, street friendly & run 11.50 or less in the 1/4 mile

questions: how much power is needed to run that fast on how much boost? whats compression should i shoot for? are the stock heads good enough or should they be ported? what intake manifold? can the 04 pcm be programed to the 58x wheel on the crank?

the project

day 1 December 7th bone stock other then a cat back exhaust

currant after a much needed 3 step detail
Old 12-29-2016, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Honestly you don't need forged this and forged that or ARP stuff to make that truck go fast. The bottom end in those 6.2's or bascailly any of the GEN 4 piston/rod motors will make 700-800whp no problem. Those cylinder heads flow great, work them if you wish. Stock intake manifold will make great power and same with the throttle body, boost isn't going to care much what you have on most peoples setups. You'll keep all the low end grunt so long as the rest of the setup like the cam and turbo work together.

The 58x crank trigger will not work with the 04 PCM unless you buy a converter box or swap reluctor wheels. You'll also have to rewire the cam sensor, knock sensor harness and do some tuning with that because they are much different knock sensors.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

What he said. Basically... cam and valve train, 80 mm turbo, 4L80E, and the suspension and tire to handle it all.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

is there plug and play adapters for the sensors? I'm not looking to add converter box rather swap reluctor wheel but cost wise should i just swap pcm's?
Old 12-30-2016, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Not sure on the sensor parts, never looked that much into it.

As for the reluctor wheel you are better off just swapping the wheel to a 24x and swapping the cam gear as well.

Swapping computers would just make it a huge hassle as the newer GEN 4 computer can't control anything in your truck, none of the other things like the dash and so on would work. The GEN 4 computer is also more complicated to tune if you've never looked at them where as the GEN 3 is a easier PCM to tune with in my eyes.