Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Flowtech Ceramic coated Longtube header +Y pipe 31533FLT

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowtech Ceramic coated Longtube header +Y pipe 31533FLT

While shopping around for a set of headers, I found these on summit racing. I think the sale price was about $467 shipped. A quick search on ebay and I found a seller (Hollyperformance), who had a "scratch and dent" set for sale. Item description said they were a brand new unused item. Just possibly returned, or missing bolts or gaskets, or light surface scratches, or items that are obsolete. With a starting bid of $249.99, and 4 mins left on auction, I said what the hell. Bid $250 and won. Headers arrived in great shape. nothing missing, nothing scratched, nothing dented. I started to feel really lucky.

....and then I began installing them. First off, the collectors are 3 inch, as advertised, but the merge pipe exit is 3.5 inch. This would have been nice to know, as it threw off my plans for the rest of the exhaust.

While test fitting the passenger side header, I noticed, this header was no where near close to fitting properly. I mean, to get a flush head/flange mate, I would have had to cut a huge notch in my frame, or do some serious "persuasive measures" to the headers.

At that point I emailed the seller, but don't expect much resolve, as they were non refundable parts. Being a holiday weekend, I don't expect a response until Monday. But if I were you, I would stay away from this part number. Don't believe that they will fit a 99-06 1500 4.3\5.3, because they don't. Not without some serious "customization".

After digging around, I see that Hooker and Flowtech are now owned by Holly Performance. They do not sell these headers on their website. Its probably because they fit like ***.

Buyers beware. BTW the ceramic coating is total crap. silver spray paint. Garbage.