Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think my truck is alive.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:54 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I think my truck is alive.

It smokes, has an attitude, and now it pees when it feels like it.

My truck smokes intermittently. It gets an attitude and every once in awhile will idle at about 1200 RPM instead of the 700 that I have commanded. Last night, it peed in the garage...

Got home today and the garage floor was wet with coolant. I got underneath and found some residue on the idler arm, sway bar, and passenger side CV to front diff connection (whatever it's called). The idler arm was pretty wet. The other parts just had small droplets of coolant on them. I checked the coolant level. Hasn't changed. I parked the truck again, no drips hitting the ground. I felt around all of the hose connections that I could find, no leaks. Looked around under the truck and it seems to be isolated to the front passenger area by the idler arm and output shaft/plate of the front diff. WTF???
Old 12-27-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when you notice it leaking is this after its cooled down? reason i asked is i kinda went through this and it was the coolant overflow bottle, where i was reaching slightly high temps and the coolant was leaking out the overflow tube...
Old 12-27-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking the same thing.

Have you tried yelling at it and rubbing its nose in it?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Originally Posted by adam1803
I was thinking the same thing.

Have you tried yelling at it and rubbing its nose in it?
that only works when it is fresh...caught it action.

I say put a electric blanket on the ground, when it pees it will shock the **** out of it. However, I guess you have **** to clean up then.

I read somewhere...I swear I read this somewhere, it is good to replace that overflow at some point in the 100K mile marker anyway.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't think it is alive it either does not like you or it is jealous of the GTO...
Old 12-27-2007, 09:50 PM
High on diesel fumes

Ahhh....so it's bladder is possibly leaking. Now would be a good time to swap to a Vette bladder then...I was thinking about doing that anyway Must be getting old, can't hold it's urine anymore. Time for some Depends. I wonder if it burned when it was leaking out?

Oh, when I took off the coolant cap today it was a lot harder than I ever remember it being. I dunno if that means anything or not.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:52 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by skeet
when you notice it leaking is this after its cooled down? reason i asked is i kinda went through this and it was the coolant overflow bottle, where i was reaching slightly high temps and the coolant was leaking out the overflow tube...
Yes, it would have been after it cooled down...happened at some point last night in the garage. I checked today with the engine hot and saw nothing leaking.

Dewey, 100k you say? Probably about time then. I have 153,000 on the clock with the original overflow tank.

BTW, if my truck starts shitting on the ground, I'm getting rid of it. No questions asked.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:07 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

How are you so certain it was pee? You didnt leave any dirty mags in the garage by the truck did you? If so then I hate to tell you but you didnt clean up your trucks ****......
Old 12-28-2007, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550

BTW, if my truck starts shitting on the ground, I'm getting rid of it. No questions asked.
Now thats funny stuff
Old 12-28-2007, 09:22 AM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
How are you so certain it was pee? You didnt leave any dirty mags in the garage by the truck did you? If so then I hate to tell you but you didnt clean up your trucks ****......

Hmmm....I do have a poster of an LSX block hanging on the wall in front of the truck. Is that like automotive ****? Ewwwwwwwww what did I clean up yesterday??

Quick Reply: I think my truck is alive.