Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

detonation info

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Just went on their website they have an 02 express just got placed on 3/30 and a 99 silverado that got put out day or so after..... Im going to try to swing by there on my lunch tomorrow and see whether either have a 4l80 or not.... Ill let you know either way...
Old 04-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 760 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Its around corner from my job i pulled mine in two or three days on lunch breaks....1st day scoping it out getting plan of attack on it, second unbolting everything i could and pulling the xmember and damn near having engine and trans fall on top of me and last say about 10-15 minutes of converter and bellhousing bolts, being out if a van i couldnt really use the dipstick and it doesnt havevthe right trans cable bracket but thats minor....biggest thing is making sure they have one, and trying to catch one of their 40 or 50% off sales like i did... Got two trannies for like $160, the 4wd is for parts only reason i grabbed it ws because it was out already and 4wd but case is and was trashed, 2wd i grabbed to build
So you're the guy that makes it easy for me...

If the van isn't high enough they won't pull it here. Trucks they usually grab the whole thing as a 6.0 pull out unless the engine is bad.

Sometimes they don't look close enough at the odd years or the V6 vans.

Vans are a bitch!!! Last one was an 06 Express 2500, I took the whole thing complete with the 4.8L through the front. What a chore... At least we got the yard monkey with the fork lift between setting cars to help us drag it out... It was still a pain and we had to pull intake and exhaust manifolds as the hung up on the frame.

I only wanted a few pieces and there was alot of little stuff missing, but for the price at 40% off, might as well grab it all...
Old 04-06-2016, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

If i knew how to take a day off, or could afford to it would have been about an hour and a half to drop it but hell someone had already dropped the rear with the ds attached..... Made life bit easier..... I risked leaving it all there until the sale started on wed, i started pukking it on monday, took it out wednesday....i still wish i had grabbed the 80 out of the 05 they had there a while ago, mainly for the flexplate...... Noone around here seems to want to pull transmissions out of them theyll even pull the engine and leave trans
Old 04-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Its around corner from my job i pulled mine in two or three days on lunch breaks....1st day scoping it out getting plan of attack on it, second unbolting everything i could and pulling the xmember and damn near having engine and trans fall on top of me and last say about 10-15 minutes of converter and bellhousing bolts, being out if a van i couldnt really use the dipstick and it doesnt havevthe right trans cable bracket but thats minor....biggest thing is making sure they have one, and trying to catch one of their 40 or 50% off sales like i did... Got two trannies for like $160, the 4wd is for parts only reason i grabbed it ws because it was out already and 4wd but case is and was trashed, 2wd i grabbed to build
That's pretty cool and a smoking deal.

Just went on their website they have an 02 express just got placed on 3/30 and a 99 silverado that got put out day or so after..... Im going to try to swing by there on my lunch tomorrow and see whether either have a 4l80 or not.... Ill let you know either way...
That would be great. But, don't go out of your way especially if its not convenient for you.
If I don't put one my Tahoe, I will put one in my future project vehicle.

I need to start going by my local pick-n-pull. You guys are having all the fun, haha
Old 04-07-2016, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Buddy went by there today the express and silverado were picked pretty well clean already
Old 04-07-2016, 08:42 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

I don't doubt it, I'm surprised they weren't picked clean earlier.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:44 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Turns out it was running lean. Like others have suspected it was more than likely the intake tube.

All fixed
Old 04-29-2016, 11:50 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 760 Likes on 629 Posts

Thanks for the update! Glad she's running good now.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Intake tube belt looking type rubber or that plastic looking type coupler? I have never had any luck with the rubber looking couplers, have had too many times where they were tight and still shifted on me and caused a leak!!
Old 05-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Thanks for the update! Glad she's running good now.
Thanks man, I appreciate it

Intake tube belt looking type rubber or that plastic looking type coupler? I have never had any luck with the rubber looking couplers, have had too many times where they were tight and still shifted on me and caused a leak!!
I'll have to double check, I don't remember off hand.

I know the intake I had on my 99 2dr would fall off on a regular basis, very annoying.

Quick Reply: detonation info