Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam for dod delete......

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 12:01 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
No its the 07 up steering wheel mounted cruise control, ive replaced 3-4 brake switches that were sending brakes applied signals to the cruise module that didnt allow cc to engage, mostly on nnbs suvs!! Ive seen bulbs play hell with more than just cruise control!!!
oh...
Old 11-28-2015, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Took few minutes and hooked a solus up to my yukon and found out that in fact i did have a brake switch voltage code in i wanna say 4 code lists, so i need get ahold of new brake switch.... Also played with functional tests a bit and activated my dod lifters, 1,6,7 all acted as they should slight drop in oil pressure essentially creating a dead miss on the activated cylinder, however cylinder 4 was a different story, when i activated the solenoid, the engine wanted to fall on its face started making all sorts of noise and the oil pressure dropped and shut down the engine, beginning to think dod delete is going to come a lot sooner, and more out of necessity as a repair than as a wanted mod, unfortunately.....
Old 11-30-2015, 01:19 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Took few minutes and hooked a solus up to my yukon and found out that in fact i did have a brake switch voltage code in i wanna say 4 code lists, so i need get ahold of new brake switch.... Also played with functional tests a bit and activated my dod lifters, 1,6,7 all acted as they should slight drop in oil pressure essentially creating a dead miss on the activated cylinder, however cylinder 4 was a different story, when i activated the solenoid, the engine wanted to fall on its face started making all sorts of noise and the oil pressure dropped and shut down the engine, beginning to think dod delete is going to come a lot sooner, and more out of necessity as a repair than as a wanted mod, unfortunately.....
Good Deal !!!

Had a friends Trailblazer 4.2L kick my ***.

176K on the clock throwing P0302.

Open it up and low and behold someone already put a coil pack in that hole. Pull the plugs. Original, not great looking but I have seen worse. Spark Seems a little week. Injector balance seems to make a difference on all cylinders so there not plugged. Don't have a compression gauge on me, So I take a gamble and put plugs in it and fix a vacuum leak. Runs great for 5 minutes then back to square one. Run home grab a compression gauge.

Cylinder number 2 low compression...

Doesn't have a lot of money and wants me to try and fix as reasonable as possible. I told here it will be 2-3K at a shop so be prepared to spend upward of 1000K in machine shop and parts/fluid at the most. Just depends on what kind of work the head needs. And wont know that until the heads off and disassembled at the machine shop. She says fine just let me know and She will put all the parts on her credit card and work the labor out
Old 11-30-2015, 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Rings, likely culprit also
Old 12-02-2015, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

So got the cruise working, $11 and about 5 minutes, once i got a nondefective brake switch, not gonna get into how long i tried to get the brand new defective one to work....thought ig was something i was doing until i realized the contact stuck out far enough that as soon as i put it on the brake pedal rod post it engaged the brake light circuit....

Of course you fix one problem and another arises, started yukon this am to take my 4 month old to the babysitter and get to work and it sounded like a diesel for about 20seconds or so.... oh damn looks like im gonna have to do the dod delete SOON!!! So brokenhearted over that.... No check engine light at moment, but it does have a bit of a pronounced miss, mostly at idle..... Cant leave anything stock for very long anyway.... Lmao