Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Buying a cam and need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *knuckles*
^^^^ i agree, i think your first cam choice with some sort of stall would do better for a truck. those v3, v4 cams mentioned automatic cars in the description. are you planning on a complete rebuild or repair and replace?

check this out if you haven't yet

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...o-here-523548/

that is impressive. he has other video's of it in action but he put the flat tops in and had his heads intake valve size increased and ported them after. that is out of my skill set at the moment but totally changed my approach to my build gonna keep it simple with minimal down time. just to give you an idea and visual of what your trying to achieve in action.
I've been thinking and crunching numbers and I see what you guys are saying, I might try finding a set of 862 heads or something and call it a day, as for the cam I will go ahead with the 220/220 110 lsa.

That was a pretty awesome channel knuckles, good info in his videos. Not too sure if I will screw with the intake valves like he did although I wouldn't be opposed to cleaning and polishing the runners, who knows maybe I'll do that

Last edited by N20addiction; 04-04-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, throwing all the goodies at it can get away from you in a hurry. just to find out that what you have at the end doesn't work as well as you wanted or thought and then have to end up replacing what you already have. better to approach thing's with an open mind and see what work's and what doesn't. knowledge is good, chances are it has been done before. give yourself a plan b or c also if your plan a will not pan out. at the end of the day you wanna know when you turn the key it put's a smile on face and not anyone else's cause you have won't have to replace/ rebuild things twice.