Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Black Bear Turn around time

Old 04-22-2015, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Bear Turn around time

Hey guys, I saw a few threads on this but they were all a couple years old. I bought the Black Bear Performance auto cal and sent in logs over the weekend. They have a notice on the site that if you don't hear back in 2-3 business days to try again, but i just wanted to see experiences others have had recently. Anyone have to wait a long time to hear back or should i re-send my files assuming they got caught in a spam filter like the blackbear website suggests?

Trying not to be impatient but i am excited and my truck is sitting waiting for the tune so the fans are turned on.

Thanks for any info/feedback.

Last edited by jocuzz; 04-23-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to say it, but turnaround responses seem to be running about 1.5-2 weeks for me.

I'm getting headers installed this week and I'll wide band log this weekend. I'm anticipating getting the re-tune 2 weeks later.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Also, don't resend it apparently resets your place in line. Send your tunes and be patient.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

depends how busy Justin is, if he has a lot of in person tunes then it will take a little longer.
sometimes I will get a tune back in a day and the longest I have waited was a week.
I sent 2 different data logs for different trucks on sunday so maybe he is busy doing mine
Old 04-22-2015, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

hey guys i heard back and sounds like some people were out sick monday and yesterday and some other things so they are playing catch up this week.

Plus they said greensierra just keeps sending so much crap their way that they just don't have time for my lowly suburban
Old 04-22-2015, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by jocuzz
hey guys i heard back and sounds like some people were out sick monday and yesterday and some other things so they are playing catch up this week.

Plus they said greensierra just keeps sending so much crap their way that they just don't have time for my lowly suburban
hahaha
I have a v2 to do my own tuning but just don't feel comfortable enough to do it yet
Old 04-22-2015, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

I went the scan cable tune on my truck..i sent him the data and recieved my tuned module in a little over a week
Old 04-22-2015, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i actually bought hptuners a few weeks ago then sent it back unopened when i realized how much i need to learn before i mess with my own stuff
Old 04-23-2015, 07:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GREENSIERRA
hahaha
I have a v2 to do my own tuning but just don't feel comfortable enough to do it yet
Me too. I can read and log. But I haven't tried writing one of Justin's tunes. Is there anything special I need to do before writing a tune file? I don't see where to lock the V2 to the VIN. I'm not sure that's necessary?
Old 04-23-2015, 08:20 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsapper
Me too. I can read and log. But I haven't tried writing one of Justin's tunes. Is there anything special I need to do before writing a tune file? I don't see where to lock the V2 to the VIN. I'm not sure that's necessary?
Just make sure your battery is fully charged and save your original tune.

Although they call it a "VIN License," EFILive licenses the PCM rather than the VIN. I believe that licensing is now done through the V8 software. With the V2 connected to the vehicle and laptop, and the key in the run position, open V8 Scan & Tune and click on "Licenses."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black Bear Turn around time