Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are my dyno numbers good or bad? need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are my dyno numbers good or bad? need opinions

ok..mods are in sig..ignore the hypertech part..we tuned my truck with efi live..first run with the hyper tech was 260rwhp and 276rwt..we noticed the a/f ratio went all the way to 8.1! so we leaned it out to about 11.6 and we got 276rwhp and 310rwt..we woulda made some more runs but his a/f ratio sniffer messed up..after that run it kept on sayin the a/f ratio was 18, and we couldnt get it fixed so im gonna go back next weekend...do u guys think 11.6 is still a lil to rich? i think i can still lean it out a bit...also i didnt do any runs with the juice...keep in mind these runs were on a mustang dyno...so what do you think? also what other little changes could i make to net more power? thanks
Old 05-01-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Okie02
ok..mods are in sig..ignore the hypertech part..we tuned my truck with efi live..first run with the hyper tech was 260rwhp and 276rwt..we noticed the a/f ratio went all the way to 8.1! so we leaned it out to about 11.6 and we got 276rwhp and 310rwt..we woulda made some more runs but his a/f ratio sniffer messed up..after that run it kept on sayin the a/f ratio was 18, and we couldnt get it fixed so im gonna go back next weekend...do u guys think 11.6 is still a lil to rich? i think i can still lean it out a bit...also i didnt do any runs with the juice...keep in mind these runs were on a mustang dyno...so what do you think? also what other little changes could i make to net more power? thanks
seems a little low for having a cam.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:17 PM
12 Second Truck Club

What kind of dyno??? What rims/tires? That's going to make a big diff. in how off your numbers are.

Also I would ditch that G-MAF. They are the bane of all good tuners and are worthless if you are doing a custom tune and will only make tuning A/F that much harder.

The best N/A A/F IMO is around 12.5 give or take a few 10ths.

As for your numbers. They seema bit low on HP but just about right on TQ. You made 15rwtq more than I did but 20rwhp less and I was not tuned fi that gives you an idea. I say toss the MAF and go back to stock and get it tuned again with the A/F around 12.5 or so to be safe and You should be in the ballpark or 280-310 where most people with mild cams and bolt-ons are.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
What kind of dyno??? What rims/tires? That's going to make a big diff. in how off your numbers are.

Also I would ditch that G-MAF. They are the bane of all good tuners and are worthless if you are doing a custom tune and will only make tuning A/F that much harder.

The best N/A A/F IMO is around 12.5 give or take a few 10ths.

As for your numbers. They seema bit low on HP but just about right on TQ. You made 15rwtq more than I did but 20rwhp less and I was not tuned fi that gives you an idea. I say toss the MAF and go back to stock and get it tuned again with the A/F around 12.5 or so to be safe and You should be in the ballpark or 280-310 where most people with mild cams and bolt-ons are.
i need to update my sig..the runs were made with the stock maf..also it has stock rims and tires and it was done on a mustang dyno..do u think leaning it out another point will help much?
Old 05-01-2005, 08:25 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Ok coo. Update that sig. Hahaha

Mustang Dynos tend to dyno lower than Dynojets but on lower HP setups the #s don't vary a whole lot unless the conversion #s are skewed. i honestly don't think leaning it out 1 point is going to make huge changes in HP like it tends to do with TQ. If you get into the 290range once everything is finished I'd be happy with it. Some guys post up really high dyno #s with a cam and other don't. I've seen 270-320rwhp dynos on our trucks with cams, bolt-ons and stock heads. Those are peak #s and don't tell the whole story of what's going on so I wouldn't get to discouraged. Kinda like when i posted 436rwhp on 13psi of boost with my turbo. It sounded weak, but when you look at my graph I had over 400rwhp from 4000-6800rpm. LOL
Old 05-01-2005, 09:37 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't want to hijack, but I've got some concerns from my less than average numbers that I got this weekend on the DynoJet at TTP. 210 max power and 269 torque. (that was with the VHP handheld tune, not the PCMforLess tune listed in my sig) It started going rich at about 4200 rpm, and was at 12:1 by 4800 rpm. I know I'm moving some big heavy tires, plus whatever the autotrack transfer case robs, but WTF? I'd hope that the cam and tuner would show me something.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok thanks man..any other opinions
Old 05-01-2005, 09:43 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shoot for 12.5:1-13:1 N/A. Different vehicles like differnet A/F ratios. My current LQ9 likes it a little leaner, but my old truck was a little stronger with more fuel.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:48 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Bud, something doesn't sound right... You really put down 210rwhp according to that dyno? On more than 1 run??? I don't care if your running 100lb tires/rims that isn't right.

I have the same truck and stock with a K&N and muffler I did 243rwhp.

Unless that was a type-o there is something wrong with your truck or their dyno.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Okie02
ok thanks man..any other opinions
where in ok are you located

Quick Reply: Are my dyno numbers good or bad? need opinions