Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Best of the Best 4L60

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

So george were you going to race him or not.... At this point i dont even think the actual race would live up to the hype, i have t even read the whole thread , yall weee adding pages at a time....
Old 05-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

End result wouldnt matter to me...ill race anyone ill race a promod on a bicycle...it doesnt matter
Win is a win a loss is a loss...
i wasnt driving to texas and he wasnt going to drive out of state. He built a truck that has to be pulled to starting line and that isnt allowed at race events like ls fest or lsx shootout or nmca races
His setup is for those track rental events they setup for RPR or SAR
For any doubting of racing ive done...ive raced for titles before almost 10yrs now

And it was just too easy to get under his skin which was why thread was started to bring attention to site again
Old 05-03-2016, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow.... Kinda wanted see howbthat wouldve turned out either way but youre right noone eas going out of state for it...
Old 05-04-2016, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Do you think your truck makes just under 400 hp to the tires?
Its a reg cab so a bit lighter than most trucks

Transbuilderguy has a good rep and I bought mine from him. Give him a call and see what he can do
Old 05-05-2016, 01:58 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Wow.... Kinda wanted see howbthat wouldve turned out either way but youre right noone eas going out of state for it...
I clearly stated that I would go to him if certain requests where granted. I even offered to pay for his entire trip if he wanted to come down here. That was free money that wasn't even going to be put on the line. Win or lose, I was paying for the entire trip. He used the excuse that he has a one year old (I do to), his work may not allow travel (I told him this offer was good till the end of the year, so anyone who can't get a few days off between now and then is a slave), then he said if he came down here his truck would get stolen....the list goes on and on. The funniest part is that when I called him out, his truck was 100% running and put together, mine was still in pieces. He could have said okay, lets do it in 3 weeks and I'd of been cornered pretty good..........instead, he took his truck apart from the flexplate (not flywheel lol) back and said the whole truck is going under a transformation. This is after he spent all that money getting everything coated (including the bolts that hold the rearend). It's a show truck more than a street truck. The dude uses an enclosed trailer to take it to shows. I don't even have enough money to afford an enclosed trailer. This guy calls me *** backwards........it's like the pot calling the kettle black (with respect to me throwing money at trying to make a truck fast with a stock 6.0 block........he would just never admit it.

It's really very simple. I have a race truck. He has a show truck. He choose to talk **** about a race truck, race truck called him out, he got scared cause he has a show truck. All he had to do was admit that a race truck "might" give him a run for his money. Nothing dishonorable in that. All the bolts might be tight on his truck, but the dude has some loose screws elsewhere.

As for getting under my skin......I guess you could call it that. I was just responding to his tomfoolery. I never said I needed to change anything with my set up to run him.............I just said say when and where, no excuses. Once he revealed his true colors it turned into the soap opera for everyone's entertainment. The community knew from the other thread that got garbaged up that the dude just couldn't make any sense.........the intent from the thread I started was just to give him an outlet to spew his and give everyone else some time and get the site active. It's really a shame it got shut down cause it was fun. I didn't even know it got shut down till early early this morning........he was the one who got the warning.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:59 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

The **** is so deep it has spilled over into a 4l60e build thread. Crazy.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Back on topic,

As Choda stated, talk to transbuilderguy, aka, Robert Godfrey and see what he can do.

You're not to far off from a RPM Level 7. That's what I have behind my Whipple/372ci and it's holding up just fine. I also have a Trucool 40k on the front to keep it cool.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by madmann26
Back on topic,

As Choda stated, talk to transbuilderguy, aka, Robert Godfrey and see what he can do.

You're not to far off from a RPM Level 7. That's what I have behind my Whipple/372ci and it's holding up just fine. I also have a Trucool 40k on the front to keep it cool.
I have very good luck with the RPM Transmissions, the Level-6 is around $3K and the Level-7 is at $4K. The OP has a budget of $3k for the tranny. Horsepower plus weight is what kills the 4l60e trannys, put the tranny behind a lightweight vehicle and they last longer.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3wide
I have very good luck with the RPM Transmissions, the Level-6 is around $3K and the Level-7 is at $4K. The OP has a budget of $3k for the tranny. Horsepower plus weight is what kills the 4l60e trannys, put the tranny behind a lightweight vehicle and they last longer.
Wow 4K for a 60e? Crazy. My jakes stage 4 80e with sales tax and shipping was less than that.