Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Aftermarket fuel rail opinion..chime in guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aftermarket fuel rail opinion..chime in guys

so its time to go bigger and better. i plan on going bigger cam, 243 heads, blown (looking at procharger beings they are here local), and a wet kit. i need bigger injectors as it sits right now, and will prolly be getting some 60lb injectors and bigger pump. ive been thinking about putting on aftermarket fuel rails from radium engineering. compared to holley and bbk they seem like they have more options to add on to them. stock fuel rails have the built in FPR. question is, would it matter if i got these? they have options to put in set or adjustable FPRs, fuel pressure dampers, and fuel gauge directly on the rail. Or does the FPR have to be in a certain place on the rail like how it is on a stock rail? here are the links to the rails, FPR, and damper i was looking at. truck and current mods in my signature. I appreciate any input

Heres the rails themselves:
Fuel Rails for GM LS Engines

FPR adjustable:
MPR, Multi-Pump Regulator

FPR static:
Fuel Pressure Regulator

damper:
Fuel Pulse Damper, Direct Mount Kits
Old 10-17-2016, 03:38 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Well that certainly looks cool...

It is better to have the regulator after the rail but depending on your power goal can be used before. If given a choice, put it after. Adjustable FPR does add flexibility to the system should you want to mess with base pressure. The damper is cool, but I am not convinced you need it as I don't know of anyone running one.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Atomic
Well that certainly looks cool...

It is better to have the regulator after the rail but depending on your power goal can be used before. If given a choice, put it after. Adjustable FPR does add flexibility to the system should you want to mess with base pressure. The damper is cool, but I am not convinced you need it as I don't know of anyone running one.
power goal is in the the 500's at the wheels after everything is installed and retuned. ya not sure about the damper either, might just be a sales pitch lol. if i remember right they have 3 different static fprs and one is a 4.0bar/58.2psi, so i contemplating that too.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:13 PM
I have a gauge for that

You could get 500 out of your stock stuff with a larger pump/injectors if you want to.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

You could get 500 out of your stock stuff with a larger pump/injectors if you want to.
damn, i replied to this but maybe didnt hit submit on my phone lol. anyways, u meaning leaving the stock intake and rails and just doing everything else i mentioned? was just thinking of the rails for the looks and supposedly flowing better than the stock ones. but i also like the idea of being able to bolt up an adjustable FPR and fuel pressure gauge as well. Im looking at both a procharger system and a whipple. if i get the procharger ill prolly get the tbss intake, and if i get the whipple then wont need the intake.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:06 PM
I have a gauge for that

Yea, the stock intake and rail will be fine with that, youll just need bigger injectors and pump. The aftermarket rails and regulator do look better though.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:33 PM
TECH Regular

Yea, the stock intake and rail will be fine with that, youll just need bigger injectors and pump. The aftermarket rails and regulator do look better though.
def more appealing to the eye then the big round stock ones lol