Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 gmc 350 vortec with hedman headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 gmc 350 vortec with hedman headers

I've got a 97 gmc 350 vortec. Has hedman shorty headers, hypertech power programmer, ,cold air intake , helix power towere throttle body spacer, granatelli mass air flow sensor. Just replaced the fuel injector spider with an upgrade mpi injectors. My question is can I delete the pipe that runs from intake to the back of drivers side header? Any benefit in removing it?
Old 10-20-2016, 04:47 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

That is your EGR. Yes, You can delete it. The benefit will be marginal.

Is your MAF causing any issues? SES light etc?
Old 10-20-2016, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check engine light is on, have had issues with distribute cap getting corroded up leading to engine misfire which ultimately led to convertor failing. Mostly the reason I was wanting to eliminate it was because it's a pain in the a $$ to remove. Header has a leak where the 4 pipes merge into one. Hedman Hedders have a lifetime warranty but you have to have sales receipt from when you purchased them LOL
Old 10-20-2016, 05:22 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I would go back to the stock MAF and sell the TB spacer. Put that money toward a real modification. This engine needs help breathing.

You need to improve the intake manifold. It benefits from a cam. Things like that... I would hold off on spending money on the nickel and dime bullshit that wont do anything.