Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

40 series street or 40 series delta force race

Old 09-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40 series street or 40 series delta force race

Which would sound better on a 5.3 99-04 silverado reg. cab swb. I want true duals with 2.5'' pipes. My friend has a 99 silverado reg. cab swb 5.3 auto with a programmer, tb spacer, cold air intake, true dual 40 series street mufflers with 2.5'' pipes and NO headers or x-pipe or h-pipe and it is quiet at idle with a slight rumble and when he revs it while he is sitting it gets kinda loud but stays mostly deep( thats what it sounded like before he changed the tips havent heard it like this now) and when he floors it from a stop its really mean and agressive sounding( this is with the new tips) dont know if hte tips made it any louder at idle. The tips r the short gibson slant cut tips. SO would the delta force race 40's sound louder at idle and have a meaner more agressive sound when i floor it more than my friends????
Old 09-11-2004, 11:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NEITHER!!!! Id look into a Dynomax Bullet or a Magnaflow muffler if I were you. Maybe even an Borla ProXS or XR1.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Teching In

But i am wanting go with flowmaster. I love em so im gonna stick with em. thanks for the help. if anyone else can help me it would be great. thanks
Old 09-12-2004, 11:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99silverado327
But i am wanting go with flowmaster. I love em so im gonna stick with em. thanks for the help. if anyone else can help me it would be great. thanks
Your low end will suffer. I hated my 40's, my 2 cents.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Well my friends truck will fly especially from a stop he cant keep it from spinning so he has to let off the gas 5 or 6 times and thats not even all the way to the floor but when it gets traction that ma ****** will shoot off like a ****** rocket.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

First off don't expect Flowmasters to make any more power.

If you go with flowmaster get the delta flow muffler to cut down on the drone when cruising.

I liked the sound of my 40 series, intill I listened to some clips of Magnaflow mufflers, the Magnaflow is queiter at idle, and has a lot more crackle to it when reved, plus increased performance.

I'm sure the short 14" magnaflow would be pretty loud.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Well my friends truck will fly especially from a stop he cant keep it from spinning so he has to let off the gas 5 or 6 times and thats not even all the way to the floor but when it gets traction that ma ****** will shoot off like a ****** rocket.
Thats cool man. But that power isnt coming from a Flowmaster muffler! Look into a Magnaflow like Black02 mentioned.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Teching In

So is r u all trying to get me to change what I want. Hmmm thought these places were supposed to HELP people not change their minds. Im sticking with flowmaster. All i wanted to know was if there would be any difference between em at idle and when floored . My friends is quiet inside even doing 120 its quiet. U cant hear em inside at all. And yes i made sure he has the reg. 40's and i even have the number from both mufflers.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love my dual 40 series. My truck is stock except exhaust and a computer tune and I run 15.13 all day long at the track. They sound great with no cats at least I think they do. I have always been true to my flows they have been on every truck and car I owned.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:31 PM
TECH Veteran

So is r u all trying to get me to change what I want. Hmmm thought these places were supposed to HELP people not change their minds. Im sticking with flowmaster. All i wanted to know was if there would be any difference between em at idle and when floored . My friends is quiet inside even doing 120 its quiet. U cant hear em inside at all. And yes i made sure he has the reg. 40's and i even have the number from both mufflers.
I am helping you. Im telling you about my experience with Flows. And it sucked plain and simple! There are others that have run into the same thing. Lack of low-end with Flows. I am by no means trying to sway your decision. You are free to do what you wish. This is an informative site. Would you rather every poster say "sure man, Flows are the best." Or would you rather people that have run Flowmasters tell you about their experiences with them. That is all I did! YOu will get more out of a Magnaflow when it comes to power. From what I can tell all you are trying to achieve is sound. And thats cool man. Flows do get louder at WOT.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 40 series street or 40 series delta force race