Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

2000 5.3 Dyno 235k Miles and bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 08:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by madmann26
Just stop it. No one cares about you're TBI bullshit or your Express van.

Speed density has been proven time and time again.
Maybe you need to go back to yellow bullet!!!! We don't need that kind of talk around here. Fast355 is just trying to help. So Lay off
Old 10-22-2016, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by X_Racing1
Maybe you need to go back to yellow bullet!!!! We don't need that kind of talk around here. Fast355 is just trying to help. So Lay off
Maybe you guys can trash your own threads instead of mine? This thread wasn't titled hey I need help tuning MAF in HPTuners. Nor was it titled is MAF better at transitional fueling than speed density? I started this thread to simply show the results of my high mileage work truck I beat the **** out of. I didn't clean the Air Filter that has bugs stuck to it, didn't let the truck cool down any between passes, didn't air up the tires - this was a true representation of how I drive it everyday. If your post isn't related to this topic then keep your thoughts to your self and move on. I don't need your help tuning, my curve is plenty smooth enough. In fact on the first pull the dyno operator said its one of the nicest curves he has seen. So if you have something positive to contribute then do so, if not then offer your advice to someone else that is looking for it.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty good numbers for a "tired" 5.3. There are some 6.0 trucks that aren't very much over 300.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnDaMan
Maybe you guys can trash your own threads instead of mine? This thread wasn't titled hey I need help tuning MAF in HPTuners. Nor was it titled is MAF better at transitional fueling than speed density? I started this thread to simply show the results of my high mileage work truck I beat the **** out of. I didn't clean the Air Filter that has bugs stuck to it, didn't let the truck cool down any between passes, didn't air up the tires - this was a true representation of how I drive it everyday. If your post isn't related to this topic then keep your thoughts to your self and move on. I don't need your help tuning, my curve is plenty smooth enough. In fact on the first pull the dyno operator said its one of the nicest curves he has seen. So if you have something positive to contribute then do so, if not then offer your advice to someone else that is looking for it.
No thread trashing intended, I was just trying to share that I feel it would perform even better with a functioning MAF. I have experience tuning about 50 different vehicles, many with MAFs and mostly GM products. The easiest to tune by far are MAF with factory widebands followed closely by MAF/SD hybrids. From personal experience I just felt you would gain a bit more torque and it would come on a bit sooner. Transition fueling into WOT will effect your dyno numbers similarly to the way the PE fuel delay will. GM has some of the best electronic and power train engineers in the world, if they felt they could do better with speed density alone, they would have eliminated the MAF, associated wiring and tuning on every vehicle produced for years.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Great numbers. My stock 2009 5.3 4x4 ecsb made 267hp and 287tq with a tune at about 40k miles.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:43 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks man. That was a lot of time in research and work on those headers.
Ever consider making another set?
Old 10-24-2016, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Modifying and welding the header is the easy part. Modifying the Y pipe and making it fit was much more difficult. I'll see if I cant get a pic of under the truck tomorrow to show how long those collectors are. The ball and socket flanges made the connection so much easier though, no more slip fit collectors that are hard as hell to get off.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Modifying and welding the header is the easy part. Modifying the Y pipe and making it fit was much more difficult. I'll see if I cant get a pic of under the truck tomorrow to show how long those collectors are. The ball and socket flanges made the connection so much easier though, no more slip fit collectors that are hard as hell to get off.
Yea man love to see a pic! I bet it was a pita! Great #'s
Old 10-25-2016, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Already dark outside, I wont be back until Thursday so I'll try to get a pic then
Old 10-27-2016, 12:56 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats great! These trucks last forever!!
Mine dynoed at 305/325 with 280k on it!!

Quick Reply: 2000 5.3 Dyno 235k Miles and bolt-ons