Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

PCM of NC 4L80E swap harnesses...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 05:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
Default PCM of NC 4L80E swap harnesses...

Has anyone used it? I am considering going that route in my father's 2000 Sierra. I picked up a transmission today. Have a few small parts to gather including the wiring.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why don't you just re-pin it? No need for the harness... Been covered here many times
Old 02-21-2017, 10:57 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Yea, takes about 2 minutes to change the pins at the harness.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have used there harness without problems. THis was on the tbss 2007 model. There was no way to repin the harness and they basicly know everything about the tbss. I added the relay harness and turned off a few codes and all has been well. I know I swapped the ss with there harness without tuning and it went to max line pressure. Shifts were harsh but kinda felt good lol. O yea I didn't have to add the front speed sensor either.

But if u have a truck I woud just repin it and do a segment swap and be done. The harness from them are not to cheap.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

I would rather not repin it, I want plug and play. Plus, I have had issues with local tuners being able to figure out how to do segment swaps. If could do the tuning end of it myself, I would get after it.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:40 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

If your tuner cant figure out a segment swap you need a new tuner.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well if what you want is plug and play, nobody will be able to convince you otherwise. Haha.

Nelson has a plug in solution just to swap the pins around so you can run it using a segment swap. Or Frost and PCM of NC has the option with the relays so you can run with stock tune.

I've figured out the issue with the TBSS and newer Silverado swaps that hindered using a 4L80E tune due to the different control schematics/wiring. I'm sure they have too but it's not an easy option than the plug and play stuff.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Atomic
If your tuner cant figure out a segment swap you need a new tuner.
Between that and breaking my driveshaft, I am done with the one locally. I have a good friend that used to tune all of my cars, but he took a job with Daytona Sensors. Doesn't have the time with his work schedule currently. I am waiting patiently for him to get a break in his schedule.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Mean Green z28
Well if what you want is plug and play, nobody will be able to convince you otherwise. Haha.

Nelson has a plug in solution just to swap the pins around so you can run it using a segment swap. Or Frost and PCM of NC has the option with the relays so you can run with stock tune.

I've figured out the issue with the TBSS and newer Silverado swaps that hindered using a 4L80E tune due to the different control schematics/wiring. I'm sure they have too but it's not an easy option than the plug and play stuff.
I'm using it in my swap. No issues at all. Am a fan of PCM of NC as Alvin does all tuning for my truck and having the shop install the LSXRT in April.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yea no doubt if u want it plug and play thin get the PCM of NC relay box. Like I said your tuner will need to turn off a few codes nothing serious. anyone with hptuners know how can do that. I did the tbss 80e swap with there relay box and didn't tune it for at least 4 months. Drove it around like that without hurting anything. Like I said it just went to max line pressure. Shifts were pretty firm.

O yea I wanna say they will tune your trans side for the swap for around a $100. If u want to go that route. THey do a lot of 80e swaps and should be able to tune it just right.