Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Needed: 16x12 6-inch Backspace 8-Lug Aluminum Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 04:35 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BMDMAX
You want pics of them rims nekkid or do you want to see em mounted.....

I can snap a few photos of them with no tires pretty easy but I gotta few irons in the fire so it's gonna be a few days before I can get them completely done.
After you get them mounted up and are able to tell me what clearance is left from the tires edge to the leaf pack I will be ordering a set as well so I'd love some nekkid wheel pics. thanks bro.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some snaps of the wheels themselves:

Old 04-23-2005, 11:34 AM
what a rush!

thanks! looking good! they put a nice polish on them!

can't wait to see the finished deal
Old 04-23-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

How soon before the slicks will be mounted and we can see some pics?
Them are some big *** wheels!
Old 04-23-2005, 06:29 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Flipper
How soon before the slicks will be mounted and we can see some pics?
Them are some big *** wheels!
I'm chomping at the bit too

BMDMAX went with a 16x12 w/6" of BS, If my measuements are correct, I might be able to get away with 6.5-7" of BS with that Nostalgias 13.6" Section Width. With my 10" wide wheels/5.5" BS and a 12" Section width I have 2 1/4" extra clearance. So I'll figure safe and call the Nostalgias 14" section width, on a 12" wheel that eats up an extra inch outwards/either side. Sooo, 16x12 w 6.75" BS will eat up 1 1/4" of my extra 2 1/4" then another 1" for the tire = 2 1/4", but remember I was generous with the section width so that leaves me 4/10" clearance that might be to close, but 6.5" should leave pleanty of room, ahh, who knows, like you said, we need the pics
Old 04-23-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am working on it!

I went 12.22@113 on the cheaters tonight. I am hoping for better out of the new slicks.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

I guess Ive been missing this post... well if anyone else ever needs a custom wheel check these out there 3-peice forged you can get them any bolt pattern and BS. They arnt the BEST looking street truck wheel (they usually go on 4x4's and sand rails) but they come in all kinds of sizes and there super strong. They only thing bad ive hear about them is on heavy trucks like PSD's they can loose air because they are a bolt design. I know alot of people that run them on the street though and havent had problems and one guy actually had his welded togeather.

ooh and from what im TOLD weld used to make these buy sold the rights to real wheel

this company sells them http://powerproracingproducts.com/categories/87.html

this comapy makes
http://www.realwheel.net/
Old 04-24-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SBChevrolet
I guess Ive been missing this post... well if anyone else ever needs a custom wheel check these out there 3-peice forged you can get them any bolt pattern and BS. They arnt the BEST looking street truck wheel (they usually go on 4x4's and sand rails) but they come in all kinds of sizes and there super strong. They only thing bad ive hear about them is on heavy trucks like PSD's they can loose air because they are a bolt design. I know alot of people that run them on the street though and havent had problems and one guy actually had his welded togeather.

ooh and from what im TOLD weld used to make these buy sold the rights to real wheel

this company sells them http://powerproracingproducts.com/categories/87.html

this comapy makes
http://www.realwheel.net/
Isnt that what you got Max?
Old 04-24-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

his look like 1pc and those have holes and bolts in them they look similar to american racing outlaws except they look better IMO and shine ALOT more
Old 04-24-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Flipper / SBChevy,

The rims are made by Real Racing wheels. They are what they call their truck pulling line and are better suited to straight line applications like truck pulling or drag racing. They can better handle the weight as well. They are not a 1 piece wheel though, they are a welded assembly.

They do have a three piece modular wheel that would have worked as well but it was twice the price and better suited to sand rail or baja type applications. Real was very helpful in figuring out what the best wheel would be for what I wanted.

Quick Reply: Needed: 16x12 6-inch Backspace 8-Lug Aluminum Wheel