Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Needed: 16x12 6-inch Backspace 8-Lug Aluminum Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed: 16x12 6-inch Backspace 8-Lug Aluminum Wheel

Anybody know where I can find a 16x12 6-inch Backspace 8-Lug Aluminum Wheel in 8x6.5 bolt pattern? I can find 16x10 rims no problem but I need a wider rim to better spread out some new M&H slicks I will be trying. I can find a 16x12 from Weld that works but it does not have a very deep backspace, making the slicks stick out too far. Any help is appreciated!
Old 04-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I posted this about 5minutes ago before I saw this thread. Not sure if other B/S are available...might help??? Also, you might want to check out some of the 4x4 sites or magazines out there as I'm sure guys are running large (16x12) wheels with some of those 44" tires.

.....from the other thread
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summit sells these in 6 lug, and they make them for 8 lug so I'm sure if they aren't in stock they could get them for you: (16x12 w/ 4.5 back spacing...you might want more B/S I'm not sure)
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/...assic_lock.html

I think they would look BAD ***! Hope it helps.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:58 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BMDMAX
Anybody know where I can find a 16x12 6-inch Backspace 8-Lug Aluminum Wheel in 8x6.5 bolt pattern? I can find 16x10 rims no problem but I need a wider rim to better spread out some new M&H slicks I will be trying. I can find a 16x12 from Weld that works but it does not have a very deep backspace, making the slicks stick out too far. Any help is appreciated!
I believe centerline will cut you a wheel with whatever BS you want, but you'll have to call them as its not on their website.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moregrip
I believe centerline will cut you a wheel with whatever BS you want, but you'll have to call them as its not on their website.
Unfortunately Centerline wont do custom backspacing.. This is from their FAQ's
Q: Does Center Line build custom sizes or backspacings?
A: We only build the part numbers listed in the catalog and on the website. You will find the most sizing flexibility in the Billet Series and Sundance Series.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:41 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Flipper
Unfortunately Centerline wont do custom backspacing.. This is from their FAQ's
Q: Does Center Line build custom sizes or backspacings?
A: We only build the part numbers listed in the catalog and on the website. You will find the most sizing flexibility in the Billet Series and Sundance Series.
I was told to call and they would.........might not be the case though
Old 04-06-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

You would figure somebody would cut you a custom rim, I just may not like the price!
Old 04-06-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moregrip
I was told to call and they would.........might not be the case though
Interesting... I tried to have it done through a wheel supplier and he said it couldnt be done by Centerline... I had heard the same thing as you then looked at their FAQ's and assumed he was right.. I guess I will just have to pick up da phone and find out!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:40 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Flipper
Interesting... I tried to have it done through a wheel supplier and he said it couldnt be done by Centerline... I had heard the same thing as you then looked at their FAQ's and assumed he was right.. I guess I will just have to pick up da phone and find out!
any word?
Old 04-11-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Problem solved!

I just got done talking to Real Racing Wheels. They are going to set me up with what I want. They will make just about anything you can think of and they understood exactly what I was looking for. The catalog can be seen here: http://www.realwheel.net/ The wheels are off-road only but I don't plan on zooming around on the street with the fat slicks and I won't ever put a street tire on this rim.

It should be a couple of weeks to get them in and then I can start testing the new slicks.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:00 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by BMDMAX
Problem solved!

I just got done talking to Real Racing Wheels. They are going to set me up with what I want. They will make just about anything you can think of and they understood exactly what I was looking for. The catalog can be seen here: http://www.realwheel.net/ The wheels are off-road only but I don't plan on zooming around on the street with the fat slicks and I won't ever put a street tire on this rim.

It should be a couple of weeks to get them in and then I can start testing the new slicks.
great news! what size and BS'ing did you order? oh, and $$?

Quick Reply: Needed: 16x12 6-inch Backspace 8-Lug Aluminum Wheel