Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

hydro boost issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydro boost issues

i put hydro boost in my 02 1500 got the truck running tonight and noticed the pedal goes to the floor when its running

I'm not sure if i have something installed wrong or if my hydroboost setup is broke i bought it used from a junk yard

also i noticed my pressure lines were both warm to the touch and there was air in the fluid reservoir
Old 02-06-2017, 04:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like the accumulator was discharged if you pushed the brake pedal with the engine off. Try this, its a little different than normal. Here's one i used when i did one of my trucks.

Power steering fluid level must be maintained throughout bleed procedure.
Fill pump reservoir with fluid to minimum system level, FULL COLD level, or middle of hash mark on cap stick fluid level indicator.Important: With hydro-boost only, the oil level will appear falsely high if the hydro-boost accumulator is not fully charged. Do not apply the brake pedal with the engine OFF. This will discharge the hydro-boost accumulator.
If equipped with hydro-boost, fully charge the hydro-boost accumulator using the following procedure:2.1. Start the engine.
2.2. Firmly apply the brake pedal 10-15 times.
2.3. Turn the engine OFF.
Raise the vehicle until the front wheels are off the ground.
Key on engine OFF, turn the steering wheel from stop to stop 12 times.Vehicles equipped with hydro-boost systems or longer length power steering hoses may require turns up to 15 to 20 stop to stops.
Verify power steering fluid level per operating specification.
Start the engine. Rotate steering wheel from left to right. Check for sign of cavitation or fluid aeration (pump noise/whining).
Verify the fluid level. Repeat the bleed procedure if necessary.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:24 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

There is air in the system. Do the above instructions until you are blue in the face then once more for good measure. Make sure the fluid level is where it is supposed to be, not too high or low.