Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Glowshift trans temp gauge warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glowshift trans temp gauge warning

Installed a glowshift trans temp gauge about a month ago. Put the little temp sensor in the test port above the shifter bracket. A few weeks later took it out to put teflon tape on the threads and re intall. Upon removing sensor i noticed the tip of the sensor was snapped off and missing. Took my phone and put the flash on so i could see in the port. Could see a plastic lining and the smashed tip of the sensor in the hole. After about an hour of using my set of picks and a small screwdriver i managed to get what i think is the rest of what smashed off.. What happened was is when i was tightening the sensor in the port the sensor is too long and itll hit the back wall and smash the tip of it. Someone has the same problem in the 4l60e and tried the test port extender glowshift makes. Its too long and wont allow the sifter cable to go into certain gears. If anyone is installing it in the test port like i did measure the depth of the port and make sure you put teflon tape and only screw it in a little and be careful not to smash it like i did. I couldnt find any forums of anyone having the same problem so im writing this to warn people. It may also be true for other trans temp gauges as well. Hope this helps.