Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Belltech adjustable -2 or +2 struts

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 06:56 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey JordanH,

How are things with the Tahoe?

What spindles did you get? 2" or 3"?
Old 01-24-2016, 07:13 PM
Restricted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tig
Hey JordanH,

How are things with the Tahoe?

What spindles did you get? 2" or 3"?
They're good man! I went with 2" drop spindles. You got yours lowered yet?
Old 01-24-2016, 07:17 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JordanH
They're good man! I went with 2" drop spindles. You got yours lowered yet?
Nice.
No, not yet. I just got my spindles last week and need to get my alignment bushings, rear shocks and rear coils. I think I'm going to end up doing a 4/5 f- 6r drop. Once it happens I'll postem up here
Old 02-26-2016, 04:09 PM
Restricted

Originally Posted by Tig
Nice.
No, not yet. I just got my spindles last week and need to get my alignment bushings, rear shocks and rear coils. I think I'm going to end up doing a 4/5 f- 6r drop. Once it happens I'll postem up here
Any update on the Tahoe?.... Also, what sway bars are you running? I've gotta order a set for mine.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:44 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Any update on the Tahoe?.... Also, what sway bars are you running? I've gotta order a set for mine.
No
Just been working and working and working.
Looks like I'll have some time in about a month or so.

How's yours been going?

Factory f/r sway bars, part of the PPV package.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:05 PM
Restricted

Originally Posted by Tig
No

How's yours been going?

Same here! Been super busy... Hopefully I'll have time to put my new motor together in a few weeks.. I'm thinking about doing the belltech 5407 and 5506 sway bars? I'm sure they'll be better than stock! I was gonna do the hellwig 7685 front and 7686 rear, but a tech guy at hellwig said I need the 7853 sway bar for the rear, due to it being lowered?... 7853 is a nice piece with 3 adjustable settings for stiffness! But it's also $100-$150 more than the 7686... Kinda just going over options at this point
Old 02-26-2016, 11:59 PM
Restricted

Decided to go with the hellwig 7853, the adjustable one... Got it for $100 extra over the standard hellwig 7686. I like the idea of being able to adjust the stiffness on the rear. I'm also putting new upper and lower control arms on when I do my 370 swap, and I'm thinking of putting my factory spindles on and just using the struts to lower it... I already have 1" drop coils on the struts, so without the 2" drop spindles I can remove all the rings on the struts and be right at 3/4, I'm thinking it'll ride even better with having the front drop coils less compressed! We shall see......
Old 02-27-2016, 09:01 PM
Restricted

Originally Posted by Tig
No

How's yours been going?

And on the soft 8 rims.... The 17x9 with 0 offset/ 5" backspacing was wayyyyy to much! I sent them back and just got the right ones ordered... I think it's gonna look great!!! Ended up with 17x8 in the front with 6" BS and on the rear they're 17x9 with 6.25 BS

Last edited by JordanH; 02-27-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Same here! Been super busy... Hopefully I'll have time to put my new motor together in a few weeks.. I'm thinking about doing the belltech 5407 and 5506 sway bars? I'm sure they'll be better than stock! I was gonna do the hellwig 7685 front and 7686 rear, but a tech guy at hellwig said I need the 7853 sway bar for the rear, due to it being lowered?... 7853 is a nice piece with 3 adjustable settings for stiffness! But it's also $100-$150 more than the 7686... Kinda just going over options at this point
I am not on the ball with where I post, haha.
I hear yah man. Thankfully I have f/r rear bars. I had hellwig on my 2dr and they were great. That had a 5/7 drop. If I decide to swap the ones I have, I think I'm going with Hotchkis. Pricey but well worth it in the long run.

Decided to go with the hellwig 7853, the adjustable one... Got it for $100 extra over the standard hellwig 7686. I like the idea of being able to adjust the stiffness on the rear. I'm also putting new upper and lower control arms on when I do my 370 swap, and I'm thinking of putting my factory spindles on and just using the struts to lower it... I already have 1" drop coils on the struts, so without the 2" drop spindles I can remove all the rings on the struts and be right at 3/4, I'm thinking it'll ride even better with having the front drop coils less compressed! We shall see......
Good deal man.
What arms are you going with? That 370 is going to be awesome.
That's the good thing about having plenty of parts, tons of options, haha. I have just about everything I need. Still need shocks for the rear and an alignment bushings for up front.
Looking forward to that update and pics of course hah.

And on the soft 8 rims.... The 17x9 with 0 offset/ 5" backspacing was wayyyyy to much! I sent them back and just got the right ones ordered... I think it's gonna look great!!! Ended up with 17x8 in the front with 6" BS and on the rear they're 17x9 with 6.25 BS
Oh good to know. Now you have to post some pics

I'm hoping to have mine dropped soon, once the weather brakes and its hot all the time is when I'll get out there and drop it. And once I figure out the rear shocks.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:41 AM
Restricted User

GOOGLE NORCAL SS STRUT MOD. ive been doing this for over 9 years now and started in late 06 on the 07 up suvs.

Quick Reply: Belltech adjustable -2 or +2 struts