Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4l60e build with $100 core...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 12:55 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

I blame the mechanic...
Old 10-20-2016, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I blame the mechanic's apparent lack of thinking **** through... oh wait that doesnthave anything to do with fixing the vehicles... so the master cylinder apparently just had a moment last night, been fine all night after that and today, but after that incident and realizing that the truck has never had a master put on it and the brake lines are looking a bit haggard, figure now is as good a time as any to go ahead and replace the master cylinder, steel lines, hoses and finnaly upgrade the front brakes to the larger nnbs/05up fronts.... along with a set if tie rods and maybe even some upper control arms...
Old 11-11-2016, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

With job change and taking a week off that was basically unpaid, and dealing with other financial issues that have been brought to my attention in the last few weeks....only thing i have really been able to do was think about my vehicles, however a friend of mine is helping me get the paint straightened out on the silverado finally....

There is a spot on the driver side door, fender and (i am sure) the cab side that need to have the paint touched up, mostly due to someone not having a clue about bodywork...

Still need to repaint the tailgate and tonneau cover so we will hopefully get it all straightened out in the next couple weeks, so i can finally get my emblems, vent visors, and fender flares on..... shes kinda naked at the monent!!! Plan on trying to find a kit for the interior for the door switches and dash bezel
Old 12-11-2016, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Swapped out my front turn signal lenses, bought them like 3 months ago and got tired of the factory replacemants i had filling up with water, and the chrome had turned black! Was time to get these in finally!!
Old 12-16-2016, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

So, i got tired of dealing with a few things that were really kinda bugging the crap out of me, that mostly due to my own lack of time and motivation (or maybe shear laziness) havent been taken care of yet... namely connecting the second battery, and modding my fenders(cutting them, clearancing them whatever you wanna call it)

Passenger/auxiliary battery, finally connected, only been in the tray for about 5 or 6 months, and not hooked up, was trying to wait to get the headers installed but 19* last night made this a bit more pressing....

Driver side main battery

Half *** pic of both batteries installed

And the passenger side fender and inner liner moved and trimmed.... harsh turns (like everymorning keaving the house) the tire would just barely touch the last 1/4-1/2 or so of the fender itself and the fender liner would get pulled up from the fender.... killed both birds with one stone... havent done the metal work to the left fender yet, just trimmed the liner... overall much better i actually did a few lock to lock figure 8s in the parking lot at work when i was done...

Thinking brake lines will be in next week or so, along with a new master cylinder, repaired abs module and more than likely new brake hoses, then shortly after i hope to get the engine mounts replaced and headers in....
Old 01-03-2017, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ordered new shocks for the front dual shock mounts yesterday, along with a set of purple boots, should be in tomorrow...
Old 03-16-2017, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

So, FML, was riding down the road the other day, going to get some lunch(if thats what you call a lunch break at 5:45pm), and my change oil light came on, no big deal.. went in got lunch stopped grabbed a soda cane back out to the truck, noticed a small, not really puddle but maybe a really big drop of oil under my truck... didnt think much of it, jumped in fired her up, change oil light cane back on, followed by the the check engine oil level message... checked oil and it was not on the dipstick, peeked under the truck and the oil oan is soaked in oil!! Also noticed the last few days that when i fire the truck up cold she wont stay running unless i give it some throttle.... hopefully i just need to get off my *** and work on the tune. But i didnt want to have to fix an oil leak.... thinking its rear main, but havent actually gotten under it to find out, if it is i may just pull the engine and reseal the ottom end(timing and rear main covers and oil pan) when i originally built this engine i wasnt quite as well educated as to how to align the oil pan and covers as i am now! I so need to replce my engine miunts and i figure that woukd be the time to do it all!!!
Old 06-05-2017, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 4.3 auto to 5.3 auto

I have an 2001 silverado auto xmission. I have 2 trucks that need xmissions. 1. a 99 5.3 v8/auto and 2) a 2004 4.8 v8 auto. Will this o1 trans work as a swap for my two broke trucks? TY
Old 06-05-2018, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Scott York
I have an 2001 silverado auto xmission. I have 2 trucks that need xmissions. 1. a 99 5.3 v8/auto and 2) a 2004 4.8 v8 auto. Will this o1 trans work as a swap for my two broke trucks? TY
Operative answer if it is from a 4.3 truck then no, a 4.8/5.3 truck then yes
Old 06-05-2018, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Also wanted to report i have been driving the truck with the trans i built as my daily and aside from the gas mileage being crap, the trans is working great. Doesnt hunt between 3-4 actually have to downshift manually to get it out of 4th gear, and going into 4th actually feels like a gearshift rather than a slide likw 4l60s normally do

Quick Reply: 4l60e build with $100 core...