Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

1999 Tahoe Sport LS Swap - 4l60E 4WD help

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Tahoe Sport LS Swap - 4l60E 4WD help

I am just finishing the Swap on my 1999 2DR Sport Tahoe.
Originally a 5.7 Vortec with 4l60E Tranny. I retained the 4l60E Tranny.
I've been driving it for about a week. Engine and Transmission are working great.

It has a 2006 LS2 6.0 from a Corvette with 2006 computers from a Trailblazer (Current performance made the wiring harness and provided the computers. They recommended or more accurately, said I needed the ECM/PCM from the trailblazer to make the engine swap work). However, they also said they didn't know how to make my 4WD work.

I have a 4WD with Push Button on the Dash shifting for the 4WD HI, 4WD Low and Auto Shift.

How do I get my 4WD operational now?
Any ideas?

Thanks

Old 02-25-2017, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There should be a separate transfer case module in the blazer. I wouldn't have used a trailblazer pcm personally, do they have the inputs for 4wd and 4 lo? If the factory 4wd doesn't work I would say the power is missing or wiring is wrong. I grafted an ls into a 99 s10 blazer (same modules) it all works like it should with zero issues. Get the wiring diagrams and start from the tcm. It should work independent of the pcm.