FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Where do I find Injector data for tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do I find Injector data for tuning

I installed Siemens Defi 80lb injectors on my turbo truck. I cant get it tuned because I cant find the injector data for them. the tuners in my area keep mentioning to me that I need to get it before I can progress. I have done a ton of digging with no result. Where can I find the info I need to get my truck tuned. every build thread goes from installing injectors to being tuned with not much info on the subject.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Old 08-01-2016, 06:34 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Usually whoever sold you the injectors will provide it in a spreadsheet via email. If you bought them second hand go to whoever originally sold them.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:47 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't let someone tune my vehicle if they didn't know how to find the data for a common injector. Try googling "Siemens Deka 80lb injector data"

LS1tech thread
Old 08-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

There ya go, just make sure whoever is tuning it changes the offset values correctly. Unlike what is mentioned early in that thread leaving them stock is not the right answer. If you are running a return system you can get away with it somewhat as lower idle fuel pressure uses a higher inj pulse but if you are returnless they will try to misfire with stock offset and high fuel press. With that size injector you should be on a return system anyway.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:11 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
There ya go, just make sure whoever is tuning it changes the offset values correctly. Unlike what is mentioned early in that thread leaving them stock is not the right answer. If you are running a return system you can get away with it somewhat as lower idle fuel pressure uses a higher inj pulse but if you are returnless they will try to misfire with stock offset and high fuel press. With that size injector you should be on a return system anyway.
Anyone on here use the data posted on that site? It is different than the info I have from the Banish CD.