FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Single Fuel Pump for SUVs

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Single Fuel Pump for SUVs

Need to get the stock pump upgraded on the Yukon. I belive the stocker is 170lph. Iv done multiple searches here but most are related to pickup trucks and dont really know what will fit or not. I believe the suv's have a shallower tank. I believe a 255 will be enough w my setup: TVS2300 less than 10psi, ARH, and possibly a cam in the future.

Racetronix has these two listed: im not sure on the difference between the FPK-835 and 1016.

Name:  pumps_zps202591b6.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  59.7 KB

Any other suggestions?

LM
Old 04-17-2014, 03:12 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I honestly don't think it will be that specific...
Old 04-18-2014, 12:24 AM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

A 255 is not going to be enough unless you run a boost-a-pump with it.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is your truck flexfuel?
Old 04-21-2014, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

No stock it is not flex fuel...

Will this pump be sufficient for a single pump?

Racetronix - RXP340M - 340L/Hr Fuel Pump, High-Pressure/Volume

Can the stock FPR handle it? i hear that the FPR in these suvs is in tank?

My goal is to get a direct replacement without swapping too many components, if thats even possible
Old 04-21-2014, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am running 2 of those but with alot more components as i explained to you i out PMs. If it were me, i would go get a flex fuel pump and put a BAP on it and call it good. I ran my non flex fuel pump with a BAP making right at 600 AWD and it held up for 40K+ miles
Old 04-21-2014, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The aem 320 is quite literally designed for this application. Enough for a mild FI build without being overkill.

The whole push to use the stock pumps make no damn sense to me. Spend $100 on a pump that will absolutely fulfil my needs or spend $230+ on a bap that puts more stress on my stock system, complicates my system by adding an extra component and in the end not be 100% sure its going to be enough same goes for pushing the limits on a stock flex fuel pump. Why do it? BC its cool for some reason to use stock crap? Hey lets use a stock fuel pump, but rag on anyone running LS6 springs with an aftermarket cam. How about we go back to answering the original questions. /rant

No matter what you will most likely have to modify your stock bucket. Don't worry its easy just a small hole. It will fit many people who have gone before you have done it and more. Prepare for what is to come in the near future. A 255 is great and can safely support 500hp all day long. A 320/340 will support more like 700 on pump gas. A cammed 5.3 on 10psi will make 500-600 depending on lots of factors. Play it safe and take the easy route. A 320 will get it done and according to sdpc will run with your stock FPR without a problem. They have sold a ton of them and really know their stuff.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys for all the suggestions.

Im a fan of less work and sounds like the 320 or 340 could be the way to do it.

I like that the AEM 320 pump comes as a complete kit and ill just have to modify the bucket a bit and wire it in and be done. the Walbro 340 seems like ill have to get all the components separate.

The SS silverado guys seem to be running these 340 pumps w stock regulator w no issues.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Guys,

Iv noticed that racetronix will state this on some of their pumps:

NOTE: This fuel pump assembly is only compatible with select GM SUV factory original modules which use a seperate jet-pump assembly. If your module has been replaced then most likely it will not be compatible with this pump. If you are not sure about your module please e-mail us with your VIN#.

Im little lost what my truck has or has not...something i should worry about?
Iv tried to email them but none of their links work on the contact page

LM
Old 04-22-2014, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gamble686
The aem 320 is quite literally designed for this application. Enough for a mild FI build without being overkill.

The whole push to use the stock pumps make no damn sense to me. Spend $100 on a pump that will absolutely fulfil my needs or spend $230+ on a bap that puts more stress on my stock system, complicates my system by adding an extra component and in the end not be 100% sure its going to be enough same goes for pushing the limits on a stock flex fuel pump. Why do it? BC its cool for some reason to use stock crap? Hey lets use a stock fuel pump, but rag on anyone running LS6 springs with an aftermarket cam. How about we go back to answering the original questions. /rant

No matter what you will most likely have to modify your stock bucket. Don't worry its easy just a small hole. It will fit many people who have gone before you have done it and more. Prepare for what is to come in the near future. A 255 is great and can safely support 500hp all day long. A 320/340 will support more like 700 on pump gas. A cammed 5.3 on 10psi will make 500-600 depending on lots of factors. Play it safe and take the easy route. A 320 will get it done and according to sdpc will run with your stock FPR without a problem. They have sold a ton of them and really know their stuff.
All i can say is wow, what a waste of time. Sorry i struck a nerve with you on providing this guy with options other than your "correct" way of modifying parts

Quick Reply: Single Fuel Pump for SUVs