FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Dual Walbro 450 99-02

Old 06-08-2014, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Seems to be working okay. Haven't run it less than 1/2 tank, but again as I've said before this is not a DD. I drive it a couple days a month.

I did recently up the boost to 16.5 psi and wooooh. Thing lays down 2 stripes from 60 until I let off at 100 on 20s lol. Bad news is my injectors now hit 110% IDC.

Obviously the true test will be at the track with a heavy launch off the line. I plan to do it with a full tank of gas. M&H has been delayed with my tires due high demand over recent Memorial weekend, but I should have them within the next 2 weeks.
hey man did you have to put a check valve on your secondary pump? Im running a hob because im supercharged. will a boost controller be a better option?
Old 06-08-2014, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

No the walbro has its own check valve.

The hobbs switch should work fine. But the boost controller gives me much more adjustability over the second pump. I can turn it on based on boost or rpm.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

No the walbro has its own check valve.

The hobbs switch should work fine. But the boost controller gives me much more adjustability over the second pump. I can turn it on based on boost or rpm.
How are you verifying the second pump is coming on?
Old 06-10-2014, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

I can tell based on AFRs. Also if I really wanted to tell I could turn both pumps on all the time thru the boost controller.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:02 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

If your AFR is changing based on the second pump coming on you have a problem somewhere. AFR should never be a product of the pumps coming on or off. If it is, you need it to come on sooner, or you need a better regulator or return line.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can tell based on AFRs. Also if I really wanted to tell I could turn both pumps on all the time thru the boost controller.
Got you man thanks!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Atomic
If your AFR is changing based on the second pump coming on you have a problem somewhere. AFR should never be a product of the pumps coming on or off. If it is, you need it to come on sooner, or you need a better regulator or return line.
he probably turned the second pump off and logged. Then he did a run with both pumps on?
Old 09-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont remember if this is bad etiquette so if it is just tell me not to revive a dead thread.

Is it a restriction with your setup where the fuel flows through the top of the hat with two 450's? Curious because I was about the run an 8an feed from there to the rail and use factory feed for the return.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

I do think it was a restriction. But not enough to limit me to make 1k on E85

The biggest problem is the stock return line and entry into the bucket. It's a huge restriction.

If I was re-doing it, I would run -8 feed and return
Old 03-29-2017, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Phew. Sucker BARELY fit in the tank hole. Got the bed bolted back down and the secondary hotwire kit nearly completely installed. Primed up normally. Basically just got to get the power and ground in the engine bay and hook up the relay trigger to my Eboost street controller. I'm really liking the auxillary output on the Eboost street. It can trigger based on RPM and/or boost so it has much more adjustability than a Hobbs switch. Hell, if I even wanted I could run both pumps continuously.
I am fixing to do the same exact thing (or very similar). i currently have a single 450 and using one of racetronix hotwire kits. im still up in the air on how i want to wire the hat for the second pump but i think easiest will be to just use studs for the power and ground and add a connector to the outside wires. then connect this to a completely seperate hotwire kit . i plan on turning the second pump on by using my eboost2 (just like you are doing). do you recall which hotwire kit you used for your second pump and how you modified it/tied in the eboost into the relay?

if i understand the current harness i have from racetronix is that it plugs into the stock harness which has power/ground and that is diverted over to the relay to be used as a trigger which then activates the relay and pulls power from the alternator. im thinking i can just buy the same kit and modify the connector that normally plugs into the stock harness and have that connected to eboost2 aux. is this what you did?

thanks
_zblee

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dual Walbro 450 99-02