FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Dual Walbro 450 99-02

Old 01-29-2014, 06:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Dual Walbro 450 99-02

Didn't turn out exactly as I had planned but I'll find out if it works or not. I had bought the corrugated plastic tube from Racetronix but was guessing on the length and ended up getting too short of a tube for the part connecting to the hat. Ended up using a left over 12" tube I had from the first install. Better than waiting a week for shipping from Racetronix and another $17 shipping charge. I'm not a huge fan of drilling holes in the fuel hat for the secondary pump power and ground but I did it anyway and sealed it with a product called Seal All. There's absolutely no way to fit these 2 450s without hacking the bucket, damn thing is tiny inside.
Attached Thumbnails Dual Walbro 450 99-02-image.jpg  
Old 01-29-2014, 09:54 AM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Didn't turn out exactly as I had planned but I'll find out if it works or not. I had bought the corrugated plastic tube from Racetronix but was guessing on the length and ended up getting too short of a tube for the part connecting to the hat. Ended up using a left over 12" tube I had from the first install. Better than waiting a week for shipping from Racetronix and another $17 shipping charge. I'm not a huge fan of drilling holes in the fuel hat for the secondary pump power and ground but I did it anyway and sealed it with a product called Seal All. There's absolutely no way to fit these 2 450s without hacking the bucket, damn thing is tiny inside.
Thanks for sharing! You should have enough fuel pump for 1000rwhp.

As you know, I am looking to do the same thing. Can you post top and bottom views? Curious to see if you have any issues at low tank levels.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:57 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Man I have a hard time believing the flex pipe will handle all the pressure of a fuel system like that, but it looks awesome.

Do the ridges of the flex pipe affect fuel flow I wonder?
Old 01-29-2014, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Don't have other pics on hand at the moment, but this setup probably is a compromise in terms of low fuel levels. But it shouldn't be any different than with the single 450 I was running. I had no issues with that but I also wasn't going WOT less than 1/4 tank. My stock pump, the single 450, and now the duals will all be sucking fuel from the bottom of the tank outside the bucket. So I don't plan on going WOT less than 1/2 tank, especially from a dig.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Man I have a hard time believing the flex pipe will handle all the pressure of a fuel system like that, but it looks awesome.

Do the ridges of the flex pipe affect fuel flow I wonder?
The pressure shouldn't be any more than stock out of boost. But this is OEM tubing and the one I pulled off the single 450 when I disassembled this module looked fine, other than being discolored. Again, I don't like the redundancy of the tube going to the top hat but it shouldn't cause any problems. I'm not spending another $25 to have a tube shipped here from Canada. And I'm not aware of anyone else besides Racetronix that sells these OEM tubes.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

The pressure shouldn't be any more than stock out of boost. But this is OEM tubing and the one I pulled off the single 450 when I disassembled this module looked fine, other than being discolored. Again, I don't like the redundancy of the tube going to the top hat but it shouldn't cause any problems. I'm not spending another $25 to have a tube shipped here from Canada. And I'm not aware of anyone else besides Racetronix that sells these OEM tubes.
Auto Performance Engineering - Walbro fuel pumps and more

Old 01-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

So I don't plan on going WOT less than 1/2 tank, especially from a dig.
That would drive me crazy only being able togo a half tank and you run e85. Not being able togo on road trips and refilling the gas tank every 100 miles would suck, but if your happy with that ok.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm getting a little more than 100 miles a tank right now
Old 01-29-2014, 08:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
That would drive me crazy only being able togo a half tank and you run e85. Not being able togo on road trips and refilling the gas tank every 100 miles would suck, but if your happy with that ok.
When I was running a butchered bucket, I could cruise with the tank nearly empty. But I could not accelerate when the tank was less than 1/2 full. When I say 1/2, I mean it had to be more than 1/2, no less. But cruising was OK.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:52 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
When I was running a butchered bucket, I could cruise with the tank nearly empty. But I could not accelerate when the tank was less than 1/2 full. When I say 1/2, I mean it had to be more than 1/2, no less. But cruising was OK.
Screw that!! I'd rather spend the money & time to do it right the first time. Why have boost if you can't use it??

Can you imagine a tank of E85 only lasting 100 miles? And you can only go WOT during the first 50-ish miles of a full tank??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dual Walbro 450 99-02