Foreign Performance Discussion Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Range Rover

Turbo Tundra Crewmax!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds good, is it still 3.5 psi? looks to move out nicely. did you get pulled over?
Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, I always imagined these would respond insanely well to boost.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

tune and more boost like 7 psi , let us see that ,
Old 02-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sand man
tune and more boost like 7 psi , let us see that ,
Here is the same guy Chris who made my Turbo kit and then put dual turbos on his. Its using a Haltech standalone..

549whp Twin Turbo Toyota Tundra at Dynosty - YouTube
Old 02-20-2013, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is the transmission holding up?

Also, what head unit is that? Do you have Bluetooth and the jbl system?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Beating the crap out of that thing, I like it!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice, responds nice to boost!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
How is the transmission holding up?

Also, what head unit is that? Do you have Bluetooth and the jbl system?
The Tundra transmission is actually pretty strong, the problem is that in its stock form its shifts are too soft and slow. The dude Chris who made this custom Turbo Kit, also made a Shift kit to firm up the shifts to be faster and firmer. On WOT, there is no lag. I see you have a stock 08 Tundra. Its rated at 381hp at the crank, but you have no real idea what that Beast really does with the stock mushy tranny. Get a shift kit done first, you'll think you are driving a different truck!-LoL
btw.. Chris only charges $300 plus shipping x2 from Kentucky. PM me for more info..
As for the HU, it came stock on the "Limited" edition.. Pretty loaded truck with Nav, a shitty JBL system, heated/leather seats.. etc.., and now a Turbo..-LoL
Jim

Last edited by TundraBro; 02-21-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chevyboy.520
sounds good, is it still 3.5 psi? looks to move out nicely. did you get pulled over?
The Turbo being pretty big at 78mm, using only 3.5 psi equaled dyno numbers similar to the TRD S/C, but with even more TQ. I'd need better fuel than the 91 octane that I can only get from here in Cali if I wanted to raise the boost. Maybe I can run E85 one day, I don't know, I'm just enjoying what shes doing now. About the OShC -"Oh Chit COP!".. I was lucky.. super lucky.. it was midnight, I was approaching him at a high rate of speed.. when I got near enough to see him (beyond the video), he was looking down like he was writing some report! He had no idea I was coming at him and he was just parked dead stopped in the middle of his lane. There was nobody else around..-LOL
Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TundraBro
The Tundra transmission is actually pretty strong, the problem is that in its stock form its shifts are too soft and slow. The dude Chris who made this custom Turbo Kit, also made a Shift kit to firm up the shifts to be faster and firmer. On WOT, there is no lag. I see you have a stock 08 Tundra. Its rated at 381hp at the crank, but you have no real idea what that Beast really does with the stock mushy tranny. Get a shift kit done first, you'll think you are driving a different truck!-LoL
btw.. Chris only charges $300 plus shipping x2 from Kentucky. PM me for more info..
As for the HU, it came stock on the "Limited" edition.. Pretty loaded truck with Nav, a shitty JBL system, heated/leather seats.. etc.., and now a Turbo..-LoL
Jim
Lol, man the last thing I needed was to see this thread. Im going to try to keep this truck stock, just a little longer. But that vid doesn't make it easy.

Yeah I got the jbl system also, with Bluetooth. Display went out on the hu and I'm sort of looking for a "cheap" replacement.

Anywho, don't want to mess up your thread. Nice truck man. Sounds mean and runs strong. Keep the thread updated!

Quick Reply: Turbo Tundra Crewmax!