Foreign Performance Discussion Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Range Rover

Ordered Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I've seen that it's gotten better, but nothing compared to even the Ford aftermarket yet.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:36 PM
12 Second Truck Club

fords are a joke compared to a titan.. even s/c lightnings are slowly but surely not beating me anymore.. unless they are modded to the hilt...

once my 3400 stall converter gets slapped in this next week i should definatly be in the mid 12's on the juice
Old 05-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shinermiller
The aftermarket for the titan is catching up. JWT is making cams.. stillens S/C is a joke due to a failure for a piggyback ECU. Uprev chooses not to tune along side a piggy back so nothing can be done there... there are already VB upgrades as well as TC upgrades.
I have an Upreved tuned ecu.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:12 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

how has it been running?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Better than before. I have not sent the datalogs to Uprev yet for fine tuning. I did have the rev limiter bumped up to 6250 and the speed limit set to 185.

The reason for the rev bump was due to the fact that after I had the TC and VB done by IPT, the truck would hang in the 6200 rpm range. I would have to take my foot off the gas pedal in order for it to shift.

This only happened when I punched while I was at speed. If I launched from a dead stop, it wouldn't happen.

I would like to do the 90mm inlet neck mod for the supercharger. The stillen blower is the same as the blower used on the GTO. The thing is, I have no idea of where to start. I am new at this game and I just don't know how to go about getting this project started.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:20 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

how is the Uprev treating you?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Made in South Korea

I need a retune...

Power of the line is brutal compared to stock. The top end just dies...

I gained 2/10 tenths and 2mph in the 1/8 but the same times as before in the 1/4 at 1mph faster...

I would buy superchips at the moment, you get full throttle and extra timing. I have yet to be happy with uprev. I need to get a retune, I wanted to see what it ran with the base tune first! I have not had the best of luck with this truck...

I should add I have installed headers and a few other goodies so I am very disappointed with my times...
Old 11-12-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looking at your dyno, I'd be willling to bet your intake is the issue- same as the Titan's.
Nissan designed the truck for torque, so it makes great power down low, but falls flat after about 5,400rpms. The longer runners of the intake mean low end grunt, but nothing up high.
Is the TCM in the tranny, like the Titan's? That's not helping either. I've always felt the Titan (probably the same in the Frontier) had a very slow TM-controlled shift.

As for UpRev, my truck loved the tune! Woke it up, some- Picked up 4/10's in the 1/4 with the tune. Up until that point, I spent $920.00 to make it to a 14.4, but another $1,200.00 to go another 2/10's...crazy.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Ghostcustoms
I need a retune...

Power of the line is brutal compared to stock. The top end just dies...

I gained 2/10 tenths and 2mph in the 1/8 but the same times as before in the 1/4 at 1mph faster...

I would buy superchips at the moment, you get full throttle and extra timing. I have yet to be happy with uprev. I need to get a retune, I wanted to see what it ran with the base tune first! I have not had the best of luck with this truck...

I should add I have installed headers and a few other goodies so I am very disappointed with my times...

i can almost guarntee the problem isnt with the tuning it's with the stock cam profile.. the titans would also fall on thier face at 5200-5400 till i got the jim wolf camshafts installed
Old 11-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Made in South Korea

Well the issue is lost time on the top end, I need to log and get a re-tune. I have worried about the length of the intake but it shouldn't be a factor as shinner does not have this issue...

I'm a manual so shift speed is as fast as I move the lever!

Quick Reply: Ordered Uprev