Tundra 6peed tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought this might clear up the whole limited slip / locker controversey...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z8PpZF77tgk
Old 12-06-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zo6freak

I wonder what one was better??
Old 12-06-2007, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

hmmmmmmm
Old 07-19-2008, 04:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 07Sport
but the Tundra is simply a cut above right now, as far as 1/2 tons go
LOL. Please. The Tundra will be dead in the near future. How many years did the Titan make it before it was announced that it would be killed? If by "a cut above" you're talking about the frame/body that twists like a twizzler, the tailgate that falls off when someone stands on it, or the horrible ugly interior, then yes maybe it is a "cut above"
Old 07-19-2008, 04:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ob_silverado
its not a couple cases. For one i posted this cause i found it while just checking stuff out for my uncle. for two at tundra solution there are a lot more problems then you see on chevy web site. for three i posted it here for people like you to have them so that you might be aware of what is out there. four its not for the people who have chevy to laugh at the tundra thats why it was posted in the tundra section. my point is that the NEW tundra is having a lot more problems % wise then the new chevy and even more numbers of problems then the new chevy. Its the only non fully boxed frame half ton and the only one having these problems. Its sold a lot and is a nice truck. its not as nice as a chevy and put them side by side and you will see that. I know cause my truck is side by side with a tundra every weekend. There the second best truck and i will admit that but they are having a lot of bugs to work out over the GM ones. I look at my uncles 8k truck and my 22k chevy and my truck still looks and drives new and his rattles and has a lot of problems with fit and finsih already. he has a dent where his bed hit his cab and my bed doesn't even move when i go off road. there fast but that doesn't make them a good TRUCK
Great post.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zo6freak

Very Nice....
Old 10-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I have had Chevy Silverado's my whole life, with very good luck in fact the last Silverado I owned was a turbocharged 5.3 laying down 500 hp. I went to buy a different truck and bought a Tundra RCSB sport with the 6spd 5.7. It is a little hard on gas and I have already put a battery, alternator and door check in it, but it was all covered under the factory warranty and it is the most powerful truck I have ever owned stock and it has a sporty interior with the bucket seats and floor shifter. Chevy won't even give you anything more than a 5.3 in a RCSB and the bucket seats with the floor shifter is out of the question. The thing that I keep in mind is Chevy's experience building full size trucks Toyota has only been building them for about 10 yrs!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Tundra looks better and has awesome power. Inside is better to me. Id rather buy a tundra. I dont go driving through crazy stuff like in the videos.

Althought for a new toy truck, id rather a 6.0 Sierra single cab any day. Mod potential!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its fun reading these kinda post.
Even tho the gm boys are givin the tundra boys fits and viseversa, its nice and civil.

Those videos are funny too.
If the tundra had a mech locker it would be pretty nice.

I couldnt think of an agrument bout fit/finish or styling cause none that matters to me as im not buying anything new anyway i dont like any of the newer stuff.

Thanks for keepin it civil. Now get back at it and dont run the tundra guys off.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doh!! Mod fail! On a dang iphone and the date is really small and i just saw the newb brought a 2007 thread back to life.....

Quick Reply: Tundra 6peed tranny problems