the truth on titans- big 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i notice he didnt even bring up the 6.0 and 6.2 engines that gm has out titans are fast but i have yet to be beat by one
Old 08-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kha4079
i have an 07 crew cab titan and it works wonders i tell ya i dont understand why silverado owners rank on it. silverados have been made for years. thats why gm knows where and what the defects are coming out of. titans barely have 3 years out in the market and they havent perfected the titan but theyre really close. as far as the new model titans,.. theres yet better ones to come. silverado owners are just scared of the competition they cant see passed their small block cheap made motors i mean what kind of motor is a 4.8 v8?? what a joke!! thats too small to come out to a v8 honestly... I SMOKE THE MODDED UP ONES ALL THE TIME WITH MY BONE STOCK CREW CAB ALL THE TIME!!! now as far as the 5.3 i take em too but i gotta give it 2 them,.. they do give some competition also.. dont get me started with dodge and ford... thats just something to laugh my *** of hahahaha!!! Titans will come out better and better as the years come so till then ill be happy with my 07 crew cab
WELCOME to the site.

I'm sure you realize what sorta response a post like this might get so don't take anything to personally.

I don't know why GM has a 4.8L V8 either really. They should just make the 5.3L standard on the fullsize trucks and drop the V6 and 4.8L V8. I don't think either really gets THAT much better gas mileage than the 5.3L. Seems they would save a few bucks considering they'd be losing a few parts and buying higher volume of others.

Now, with that said, watch out for the 6.0Ls out there.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:37 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That post sounded almost like a troll has joined the boards. But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Like beastmode said, no one's knocked the titans, a few member on here have them and they keep us informed on how they are doing with them. Pretty sweet trucks so far except for pistons not handling boost real well. I think those trucks are gonna have a future in the market but never up to the big three numbers. Best of luck with you modding man, should prove to be a fun truck to work on.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The only real problem with a lot of the other makes is TUNING!!!!

They can build a new engine, add bolt ons, etc just like GM guys, just tuning the damn things is the problem.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin
That post sounded almost like a troll has joined the boards. But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Like beastmode said, no one's knocked the titans, a few member on here have them and they keep us informed on how they are doing with them. Pretty sweet trucks so far except for pistons not handling boost real well. I think those trucks are gonna have a future in the market but never up to the big three numbers. Best of luck with you modding man, should prove to be a fun truck to work on.

CORRECTION.... KNOWONE "WAS" KNOCKING THE TITANS UNTIL YOU SHOWED UP....

JFWY MAN..... HEY IF YOU CAN BLOW THE DOORS OFF EVERYTHING IN HERE... GOOD FOR YOU.... BUT YOUR INTRO INTO THE SITE SHOULDA BEEN MAYBE A LITTLE MORE SUBTLE..... YOU'D HATE FOR EVERYONE TO THINK YOU ARE SOME RICER WITH A RACE BOWL TACH A NAWZ STICKERS....

BTW YOU KNOW EACH STICKER ADDS ABPPROX 5-25 H.P. DEPENDING ON SIZE RIGHT

Oh yeah... welcome to the site... NOW POST SOME TIMESLIPS
Old 08-20-2007, 02:02 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 4.8 hauled ***.....well at least I thought so!

Everyone here knows what I think of imports......but to each his own. I'd love to run against a Titan, haven't had the pleasure yet
Old 08-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Made in South Korea

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Pretty sweet trucks so far except for pistons not handling boost real well.

Umm its not the pistons its the cats failing and causing the damage
Old 08-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Teching In

well all im ststing is that one guy on here saying imports suck.heres the link https://www.performancetrucks.net/for...d.php?t=355345 id like a good ol thread where we can all discuss things in a good way not start a fight. like i said on a titan forum,.. i didnt mean to start nothing and i do apologize for any misunderstandings. i like good ol competition its good for the soul and adrenaline

Last edited by kha4079; 08-20-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

EDIT: Just saw your new post between typing mine and sending it. Most imports do suck but some are good.

Oh GAWD....I think most guys on here that roam LS1tech know me by seeing my name at least, although there are quiet a few of us with Turbo TA's, so I want to stay out of this as much as possible, I just wanted to say the following...

I do own a Titan only because the Chevy/GMC dealers around here were totally out of their bloody mind on making a 'deal'(raping deal for them). Although I do enjoy and like my Titan, I know flat out its not anywhere near 'fast' even in stock form with a 2* advance(heck, I don't even think 12s are fast anymore*my opinion*). There are a lot of Silverado's out there that could hand my Titan its ***. No doubt about that.

Tuning. That's a joke. Right now all we(Titans) have is uprev while we(GM) have HPT. HPT >>>>>>>uprev and that is one area GM has by a mile on Nissan. Aftermarket support on the LSx engines is just crazy. Many of the parts I have used on my TA I could transfer to a LSx truck.

IMHO, kha4079, behave yourself son and enjoy the forum. There are a lot of guys on the joining boards(here, LS1tech, etc) that know what it takes to make your truck go fast, brake, stop and program the computer. My advice is to make nice and welcome yourself to a world of information for the others.

my $.02
Old 08-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Please do not lump all Titan owners in with this nitwit. He will dissapear once highschool starts up again.

Quick Reply: the truth on titans- big 3