FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

tvs2300...i want one, but how?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JesseByrd
i got to say moregrip it was your thread ( the one that started in 05 ish) that got me on this forum and inspired my plans for my truck...i try to shoot big on my plans so if i fall short ill still have something to show for it...im kinda thrilled you commented on this thread lol

and whenever i look up anything on google about the tvs2300 on a silverado it seems to always lead to you lol
thanks brother back then those types of threads/builds weren't around a whole lot....in fact, I think I remember getting a hardtime for being "that guy" that always posted pics in the threads I posted but as you know pictures sometimes tell a better story than words or at least help give words (especially over the internet) clarity.

That's totally cool you got some level of inspiration from my thread, much appreciated......that's how this whole thing is SUPPOSED to work!

If you want my advice......think about what you really want.......formulate a plan......save the money it will take to accomplish your goals whether in be in stages or all at once...........execute and stick to your plan!

did I mention stick to your plan!! so plan well!!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:50 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Ive learned basically everything I know about cars/trucks/turbos/etc from books, reading on this forum (and others like it) and getting my hands dirty...and im still in college. One of my first threads on here was me screwing up a cam install by not aligning the cam sprocket correctly with the crank sprocket. I thought I was doing it right, but had never had the timing cover off before. Never even seen the inside of an engine for that matter. I like to think ive learned a few things since then.

Not to say it isnt hard, but its possible to do these things in college if you work hard enough for it.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is why i am on this forum almost every day when i'm not in class or the rare times i have something more interesting to do...this school is located in a rather dull town... i want to find out and account for as much as i can before i get too far into the buying process
Old 07-12-2012, 12:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know it's been said, but I will reiterate that it gets expensive fast even before you start breaking stuff. If it's your DD, set aside some money to get it back on the road when (not if) something breaks, if not, then you'll be able to learn what broke and fix it yourself over the weekend or when you have time.

Best of luck with the build! Do your research, find out what you want, and do it. Don't settle or you will just end up upgrading it later to what you originally wanted (I know this all too well).
Old 07-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

any one know a good place to look for a used or new supercharger/ kit.. 2300 or 1900 tvs...its going to be a wile till i have the cash to actually get one but i would like to see what they are going for so i can get a better idea of how much i need to save

what i am planing so far is basically build the bottom end and have a stout long block at the very least then hopefully get it to the point that before I leave college have the chance to run it on a engine dyno before i graduate ( sill have like 2+ years) ill most likely start some kind of build thread when i start actually getting things accomplished

and thanks every one that has taken the time to help me out, i will take all into consideration and i greatly appreciate the advice
Old 07-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Look in our classifieds on this site, there is at least one for sale right now.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

yah i have kept my eyes open on here for the past few months lol....

ok i just had a thought...might not be a good on but who knows from what i can tell the lower manifolds for the 1900 and 2300 seem to be made from the same castings and machined very similarly....so my idea is that i could possibly get a used 1900 kit, like the few for sale on here now, that will work for the cathedral pot heads.....then later on down the road when i have more time and most importantly cash, i could get a 2300 jack shaft head unit and machine the 1900 intake to accept it, and change the idler pulleys and what not

with out knowing the difference in the bolt pattern, size , and configuration of the two head units i cant really say if this is something that at least could work

i don't know maybe i'm just a little to crazy lol....its just a thought so don't be too hard on me lol
Old 07-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Lower tubs are different on the jackshaft ones. What are your goals that you are so hell bent on a 2300? How much boost do you wanna push and on what size motor?
Old 07-12-2012, 03:47 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Ive learned basically everything I know about cars/trucks/turbos/etc from books, reading on this forum (and others like it) and getting my hands dirty...and im still in college. One of my first threads on here was me screwing up a cam install by not aligning the cam sprocket correctly with the crank sprocket. I thought I was doing it right, but had never had the timing cover off before. Never even seen the inside of an engine for that matter. I like to think ive learned a few things since then.

Not to say it isnt hard, but its possible to do these things in college if you work hard enough for it.
Amen brother, this forum has helped/directed me a lot when it comes to truck mods and how/what to do as well as great friends ive met along the way!

I see the OP goes to school at UNOH ( Lima ????) if so if your in the neighborhood stop by and i will show you what a lil 1900 0n a stock long block LQ4 will do,

Or if you wanna ride behind the Big boy we can have 03sierraslt take ya for a ride !!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

i'm not really dead set on one...i know it seems it but i just want to see if there is a way i could do it, the truck is a 4x4 so i was thinking about going for as much tq as i can, i'm planing on stock displacement 6.0... honestly i don't know how much tq or hp i want just want to see how much i can get

maybe i would be better off with the 1900....with a healthy cam, exhaust, efans, and ported heads what do you think i could do with a 1900 vs 2300