FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TVS 2300 Cammed 6.2L Build

Old 08-31-2016, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TVS 2300 Cammed 6.2L Build

Been a while since I've been on here and this is my first build thread but its time to rebuild the 6.2l with boost. So here is the specifics so far and some questions I have.

What we have so far:
- 2011 6.2L, headers and 4" catback plus a 3200 stall and 4.10s
- TSP Stage 2 blower cam with VVT delete (227/235, .641"/.649", 114 LSA) - VVT cam is being sold
-Dual springs, seals, TI retainers
- TVS 2300 kit
- Devils own meth kit with the 14 nozzle
- Trunion upgrade for rockers
-Trick performance Water tank
- 2nd trick performance tank to be for meth and mounted to the powersteering and alternator bracket (mount bracket to be made)
- A pillar gauge pod

So this leaves the items left to order and hopefully some guys can help out with these :

1. What size pulley can I go to, the kit came with a 3.3" and im planning to go down and add fuel (see below), ive seen guys at 10psi, what size can I get to safely?
2. Injectors - 80 to 100lb? ID1000s? Suggestions
3. Fuel pump - I've seen the new returnless 420 wahlbro seems like the best route?
4.8 rib setup/ HD tensioner - Thinking 32 Left coast (suggestions)
5.Better intercooler water pump? Necessary?
6. Gauges - Planned to add a boost and fuel pressure gauge to the wideband I already have.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:17 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Looks like a good list of mods coming your way! This is going to be fun.

For starters I think the cam could be a fair amount better... Too much lift for stock rockers and not enough exhaust duration for your heads. What I would run would be fairly significantly different. That aside, here are my thoughts:

1) you can go higher than 10 PSI with meth and good fuel. If you are going 8 rib with an OD balancer I would aim at about a 3.2 pulley to start with plans of going to a 3.0 at a minimum. It will haul *** with the 3.0.
2) if you plan to run on gasoline with meth the ID850's will get the job done with room to spare.
3) If you push it you'll need to go return style. Start planning for that anyway. Tap the bucket for a new feed line, add a vac referenced regulator, and use the stock feed as your return. In the mean time there are ways to make a 450 work in a stock returnless bucket, but it will limit you.
4) I have the LC32 8 rib and I like it. I have had good luck. It's finicky and I had to play with the alt and PS pulley's to make they fit perfect, but it was worth it. I have seen some great results with the griptech 8 rib pulley's for the blower. Look into those.
5) The varimax pump, or new factory Z06 seem to be the hot ticket right now. You will need to upgrade your HEX or add a second one and you should be good for your goals.
6) those are the gauges I have too.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

Few pics of the parts accumulation and decided to gut my ARH catted Y pipe.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Looks like a good list of mods coming your way! This is going to be fun.

For starters I think the cam could be a fair amount better... Too much lift for stock rockers and not enough exhaust duration for your heads. What I would run would be fairly significantly different. That aside, here are my thoughts:

1) you can go higher than 10 PSI with meth and good fuel. If you are going 8 rib with an OD balancer I would aim at about a 3.2 pulley to start with plans of going to a 3.0 at a minimum. It will haul *** with the 3.0.
2) if you plan to run on gasoline with meth the ID850's will get the job done with room to spare.
3) If you push it you'll need to go return style. Start planning for that anyway. Tap the bucket for a new feed line, add a vac referenced regulator, and use the stock feed as your return. In the mean time there are ways to make a 450 work in a stock returnless bucket, but it will limit you.
4) I have the LC32 8 rib and I like it. I have had good luck. It's finicky and I had to play with the alt and PS pulley's to make they fit perfect, but it was worth it. I have seen some great results with the griptech 8 rib pulley's for the blower. Look into those.
5) The varimax pump, or new factory Z06 seem to be the hot ticket right now. You will need to upgrade your HEX or add a second one and you should be good for your goals.
6) those are the gauges I have too.

Thanks for the insite man, I sorta impulse ordered the cam setup (smh, I shoulda custom spec'd). On the fuel pump, I had seen on here it looks like guys are doing the returnless systems with a bucket mod (don't crucify me, I haven't done my due diligence on this yet), that was my thought for simplicity sake. Any recommendations on a heat exchanger? Ive got the true cool 40k on the front that will need to accommodate the heat exchanger. BTW the phone app is legit for loading pics on here now days.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone running a FIC850 or fast injectors? Just wondering obviously because of price. ID is the best just want to consider all things.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like it's going to be a killer setup!!!! I would highly recommend ID1000s, most tuner will say the Injector Dynamics are the best.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

Well i decided to follow D1SCSS lead and im going to port match the manifold before its installed. Hopefully get after that this weekend.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:55 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Awesome. I would also think about following his lead and adding the same heat exchanger he has as a second unit in the bumper opening.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Awesome. I would also think about following his lead and adding the same heat exchanger he has as a second unit in the bumper opening.
I wish i could ive got a light bar in that location however so i might have to stack 2 hxc in the stock location going to need to do some measuring and see what will fit where and go from there. I am considering a different local than the battery tray for the water tank however, i may go down lower somewhere and use the battery tray for the meth tank.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

Few more things arrived today. Got te trick water tank and the blank trick tank for meth as well plus a A pillar pod.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TVS 2300 Cammed 6.2L Build