FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbosmart Eboost2 vacuum reading discrepancies

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 02:48 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turbosmart Eboost2 vacuum reading discrepancies

Just got my eboost2 gauge installed and hooked up to my vacuum/boost manifold as reference. Unfortunately it seems to be reading a bit low. My AEM boost guage AND hptuners both read about ~14-15" of vacuum at idle and the eboost2 only reads ~10". as I drive and the vacuum changes on the engine the eboost is roughly 4-5" less than the AEM gauge/hptuners. I have contacted turbosmart but have yet to get a reply. I have reset the eboost2 to factory and have also calibrated it while the engine was off (no vacuum).

any ideas? boost reads from 0 (no vacuum) up to 15" or so but is always about 5" difference from the AEM gauge and hptuners.

When i get some time I would like to try and find someone local to me that has a functioning unit and just swap them out to see if it reads correctly and so i know if its the unit itself and not the vacuum lines...

thanks
_zblee
Old 01-29-2017, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same issue with mine. Not as drastic. Mine is usually off -.5 to -1.5 lower than my AEM gauge. They both have there own port in the manifold as well. It sometimes stabilizes and matches the AEM. I just think its not a fast as the AEM in reading the boost.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up sending it to turbosmart so they could check it out and they reported back that the internal map sensor is leaking and was not repairable. Looking for a new unit now :/
_zblee
Old 01-29-2017, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh. Right on, ill have to watch mine for that.